Twisted1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to what people are expecting the Earthquakes in Japan, as well as the resulting Tsunamis, and possible Nuclear reactor damage might have on the industry. I know that the resulting tsunamis hit us on the west coast, ofcourse nothing close to what happened in Japan, but for a 6,000 mile trip it was a pretty good ripple of water.

sdcfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard today we should be expecting to get more GREEN Gobies, GREEN Moreys, GREEN .......etc....

Bad joke?

E

Raskal311

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think we are going to get a new fish from all of that radiation :D and very little of our marine imports comes out of Japan anyway.

Twisted1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raskal311":32j1x5e2 said:
I don’t think we are going to get a new fish from all of that radiation :D and very little of our marine imports comes out of Japan anyway.

I agree with you on both statements. But what about the current from the tsunami's rolling from Japan to California. I have to wonder how much damage that did to reefs. But honestly the only real harvest area I see in that area was around Hawaii, and that was limited to begin with, and perhaps going to be even more limited now.

jhemdal1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK: I was in an on-going email discussion with my shipper in Japan about getting in some giant crabs, and I haven't received any emails from him since the quake. He is 100 km southwest of Tokyo, so I didn't expect his firm to be affected. However, my guess is that since his company has a fleet of fish hauling trucks, that they have all been very busy transporting animals from affected public aquariums to safer homes....

Jay

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sdcfish":2r0dqsmw said:
I heard today we should be expecting to get more GREEN Gobies, GREEN Moreys, GREEN .......etc....

Bad joke?

E
:oops: That took me a WEEK to get. Yes, it's a bad one, but in the spirit of some of the best. :mrgreen:

bobimport

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone want to buy the swissguards, cave bass, and candy bass that I USED to ship to Japan?
They cant even keep the lights on in Tokyo much less keeep fish alive

Twisted1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bobimport":33xvtjzc said:
Anyone want to buy the swissguards, cave bass, and candy bass that I USED to ship to Japan?

So there is another part, I didn't consider, how much does this industry export to Japan? If you want to send me a price list, I can send it to my boss at the store, but we are small, so doubt we would help much. The Swissguards sell well, the Cave Bass, not so well.

bobimport

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I really was not "fishing for Biz " but a lot of guys in the keys used to ship to Japan.
I am sure that people in Tokyo have other things on their mind right now . I e mailed several Customers with outstanding balances and told them to take some off the bill and donate it to relief efforts

Twisted1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bobimport":2966i7ch said:
Thanks I really was not "fishing for Biz " but a lot of guys in the keys used to ship to Japan.
I am sure that people in Tokyo have other things on their mind right now . I e mailed several Customers with outstanding balances and told them to take some off the bill and donate it to relief efforts

That is an awesome "donation" I am sure those that got it appreciated it. I agree I doubt purchasing products is high on the list right now. But hopefully things won't get any worse over there.

Raskal311

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Sea's'ned":2d3icc4n said:
sdcfish":2d3icc4n said:

Bad joke?

E
:oops: That took me a WEEK to get. Yes, it's a bad one, but in the spirit of some of the best. :mrgreen:

took me two days.

Yuri

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bobimport":2aybs1d2 said:
I will be glad to take sum fish of your hands

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: