ccllc

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, I was searching throught the net and I stubbled over this forum and decided to check it out. My wife and I reciently started a small B&M retail location a few months ago. It has been a great learning experience for the both of us and we are always excited to hear customers reactions when coming to our store. We have tackled a lot of challanges up to this point without issue.

Now to my issue:
Everything had been going just peachy until the other day when we noticed a sponsor of a local forum posting some ridiculous prices on a public forum. What are some approaches that I can take when being undercut locally by someone who is currently working on building a "storefront" yet he is selling fish at crazy prices (ex. less than $5 Anthias etc.)?

My thoughts are to focus on our customers and quality rather than worry about him. Its just hard to stand by and watch him post an order publicly with alot of people while offering wholesale priceing. I would like to hear some thoughts on the subject of undercutting.

Thanks in advance

Raskal311

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally fish are a lost leader, if he’s under cutting he’s going to take a lost in the long run. Unless it’s a preorder out of the bag deal then tell your customer the cons of buying from such a seller or match their prices with the same policy. Pre order pickup same day… that way you don’t take the risk of it dyeing and maintenance cost.

But to be honest I wouldn’t even worry about him and do your own thing. You have to work twice has hard for every penny you make on hobbyist and forum surfers.

condiman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you are going threw. There are not many LFS in my area and I honestly dont concider Petcos and PetSmarts LFS . But seems like alot of the saltwater folks around me like to go to them cuz they are a few bux cheeper. But they still complain that there fish are in poor shape but yet they keep going back to them. The way I see it is as your reputation gets out there they will change there mind and start comming to you. So keep doing what you are doing and they will come.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: