A

Anonymous

has anyone traded with garf ,and if did how are thay ,and how are there coral cuttings

A

Anonymous

DON'T look there........that thread has nothing to do with the quality of the corals they have. I have never seen or heard anyone ever say that they were not happy with the frags they received from GARF only thing said was they are kinda small but grow very well so it's worth it in the long run.

A

Anonymous

I traded with garf.The frags were small but grow fast.Some of them are very nice!I would trade again.
Joe B.

------------------

A

Anonymous

Read that.

It doesn't have anything to do with the quality of corals but it has everything to do with the kind of people you are giving your money to.

More recommended reading:
Thread-"oh, just a quick thing or two"

FWIW there are a million nice places to do buisness with. Check around. I like Tropicoriums site. Nice looking frags. Reasonable pricing. Never bought corals online so take it as you will. Heard lots of good things about them and many others.

I haven't ever found an order form or list of availability for GARF's site. If I can't find the stuff I'm looking for I go elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

I have bought frags from both GARF and tropicorium and both have quality products/service. IMO tropicorium has the better deal because you get to pick and choose 12 soft corals for $150 vs 5 for $100 at GARF. I have also personally been to tropicorium and it is AWESOME!!!!

A

Anonymous

Do the frags from Tropicorium look better than what's on their website? I have heard such good things, but looking at the web site.....all I can say is "blah". Everything looks so brown.

If I were going to order, I would have a hard time choosing between GARF, Harbor Aquatics, A splash of Life, Coral Farms and Scientific Corals. Maybe one of these days I will get around to get up enough guts to order corals over the web.

Aaron

A

Anonymous

Another great source for frags is Coralfarms (www,coralfarms.com). They sell the Solomon frags, which are quite awesome. You can also try Harbor Aquatics.

------------------
#reefs channel operator

A

Anonymous

I agree that tropicorium's website is lousy, but the colors of the frags are much better than those pictures.

A

Anonymous

Try Atlantis Aquatics (www.atlantisaquatic.com) leave off the last "s" in aquatics.

I bought 11 frags from them and all are thriving in my reef. They are also the most colorful pieces that I have ever seen. I have Yellow Tipped Acro, Purple Tipped Acro, Bright Green Pine Tree Acro, Blue Acro, Green Hairy Acro with bright blue tips, Bright Pink Stylophora, Pink Poccilipora, Purple Montipora, Green Montipora and Reddish Brown Acro.

They also sell good soft corals as well

Visit the site...the owner is a great guy. They also have all sorts of links for DIY, Coral Propagation, info on corals. You can see pics of the frags as well as information on lighting used on his coral farm.

Prices are cheap as well.

Phil

A

Anonymous

I just traded with garf.... very satisfied for the second time.
Got both sps and softies....
They are small, but grow fast.

Request a thing of thier woods polyps if you're into polyps.

HTH,
Chris

A

Anonymous

FWIH it isn't real easy to capture vibrant coral colors in photographs. It is easy to doctor up photos though
wink.gif

A

Anonymous

Tropicorium is awesome! Been there a couple of times and have bought many corals. The pictures on thier page are kinda blah, but the corals that I got from them are very colorful. They are my prefered retailer. And they are very knowledgable. I've spent hours there just talking to the staff. Its a great place! This is the type of retailer we should be supporting. Just my 2 cents worth.

James

------------------
If your going to go out - go all out

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: