A

Anonymous

I recently had a tubastrea/sun polyps coral given to me, and am curious to hear about people's experiences with this one. I am feeding mine daily, and it seems to be doing well. Some of the literature treats this species like it is impossible to keep. How did yours do regarding growth and longevity? Also anybody have "black sun" polyps?

A

Anonymous

i LOVE mine.

Ishould take a pictre of it, it expands greatly, nightly feedings of DT's and Freeze Dried, every other night, brine shrimp thawed in tank water and turkey basted.

I would like to find black ones too, I saw Neon Yellow over the weekend, but the skeleton was icky looking, was not nice etc, so I didnt buy.

clyde

A

Anonymous

Dosing phytoplankton makes them open up and look all cool. I don't think you need to feed daily though, i think every other day should suffice. I'd put it in a cave or under a ledge, not in direct light because im doubtful of its compatablity with UV light or bright light.

A

Anonymous

My sun coral is one of my favorites. I feed daily and have mine trained to open up with the lights on each day at feeding time. I think it is important to feed daily not necessarily because it needs the nutrition each day, but mine kinda forgets the routine if you don't feed daily. (Stupid coral)
Oh well, good luck with it. Mine made little baby sun coral polyps that spread up to a foot away from the main group. You can see a pic of my sun coral on my website if you are interested.
Good luck. Nathan

------------------
Always get a second opinion (and a 3rd, 4th, etc...)
Check out my new homepage padens.homepage.com

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: