A

Anonymous

I have a green open brain (trachyphelia<sp??> ). I started by placing it on a rock ledge about half way up the tank. It did not seem to open up much there and was sliming a bit so I placed it on the substrate. It has been there about a week and still slimes a bit occassionally.

Today, it seems to be sliming more and a bit looks brown. Should I be concerned? Should I try moving it again? My tank is 24" deep with four 55W power compacts. Calcium is about 490, buffered my alk. to 8.0. PH is 8.3. No phosphates, nitrates, silicates.

Ideas??

------------------
[email protected]

A

Anonymous

Mines about half way up in a 2o gallon tank (16").
It rests on a ledge under one 26 watt PC actinic and one 26 watt pc daylight bulb. The current around it is pretty strong and I never feed it manually.

My perameters are ph 8.2, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0, temp 78-84, kDH 8, SG 1.025, calcium 340, water changes every two weeks, 20% w/ DI water.

MIne seems to be thriving, opening up almost 3x the skeleton alone.

Just a wall to bounce some info off of.
Good luck.

Jason.

A

Anonymous

theys supposed to be on the sand. i would do what they like. they dont need tremendous amounts of light so dont worry!

luis wiedemann

A

Anonymous

You should place it on the bottom and slowly work upwards depending on the reaction from the coral. If it opens well and looks "happy" then that is the place you should leave it.

HTH

A

Anonymous

GOB's are found on the substrate with mild to medium current and lighting.

HTH
ReefMon

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: