A

Anonymous

Any advice on the easiest ( hardiest ) corals to keep . I have a 75 gal tank , it is 7 months old . I have about 75 lbs of live rock and 4 VHO lights . I have a few clowns and a couple of condy anemonies that are doing well. Any thoughts ? I don't trust my LFS as they say everything is " easy " to keep !

A

Anonymous

Of every thing that i have had, mushrooms are by far the least worrysome. I never even think about mine and they reproduce at a steady rate. The only thing is that if they get too much light, they don't expand nicely.

A

Anonymous

if you do a search for beginner corals i'm sure you will find many suggestions as i have seen similar threads many times. there is a very good book, A Practical guide to Corals for the Reef Aquarium, that was helpful to me as far as lighting and current needs as well as hardiness. i would suggest any soft polyp or sea matt. i know you asked about corals, but i also want to interject that hawaiian featherdusters are very easy to keep and add alot of interest to a new set up.
hth,
damsel

A

Anonymous

JDD,
I asked the same a week ago and got suggestions of mushrooms,leathers,colt,and xenia...researching these now. Mushrooms first seems like a safe confidence builder!
biggrin.gif

A

Anonymous

mushrooms, leather coral; colt coral or star or button polyps. Xenia is not that easy (relatively). The anemonies you have are tougher than all of the above.

A

Anonymous

My mushroom grow like weeds and tolerate less than perfect water conditions. However, my blue mushroom have taken over my 110 gallon reef. Also, they can bother other corals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: