jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Gang,

Dr. Ron is still having terrible problems getting his computer back up and running after the "badtrans" virus. He has just sent me this message:

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Hi James,

I am writing this from my wife's computer, as mine is in the throes of gradual disintegration....

After the virus of last week, I reinstalled Win98 and what other programs I needed. Things held together though yesterday, but this morning after a series of problems, the system locked up totally. It took me all day to get the hard drive functional again. I am presently backing up all of my data, and will then totally reformat the system and reinstall.

I will not get this week's quiz or lecture to you tomorrow. The target date is Thursday. And... given the way things have gone today, that target may be optimistic. With luck, I will be online for the chat Wednesday night.

I am truly sorry for this, but it can't be helped. You might let the students know things will be late.

Meantime, you can contact me at this address.

Sorry for all the hassles,

Ron Shimek<hr></blockquote>

Well right now gang, we have everything up to date for this week, but we do not have this week's quiz posted yet. We'll get this up as soon as possible. I think Dr. Ron will cut everyone some slack in getting this quiz returned to him so don't anyone get worried.

As Ron said, our target date for "getting things back to normal" is Thursday, but I will keep everyone advised.

Sorry for the difficulty, but as all of you know, these things happen.

Cheers
James Wiseman

ATJ

Old Sea Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jamesw:
<strong>I think Dr. Ron will cut everyone some slack in getting this quiz returned to him so don't anyone get worried.</strong><hr></blockquote>

icon_eek.gif
icon_confused.gif
icon_eek.gif
Oh, no, I didn't realise we were meant to be sending our quizes in.
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha. I guess that was just a vestigial (sp?) thought leftover from the last course we did Andrew...
icon_smile.gif

I just received an email from Dr. Ron, and he is back online. He thinks he can get the quiz out tomorrow.

Hopefully we'll hear from him soon.

Cheers
James

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: