Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So until your divisive sub forum is gone or you make sub forums for every group out there I will use this forum to sell the corals I grow out of my tank like the rules states to gays, straight, black white Latinos Asians Europeans. I will not engage in anyone’s posts, I will not help any of your members out doing the jobs the moderators SHOULD be doing. And you can go about progressing our hobby the way you see fit because this is your forum. I can guarantee you will lose even more members by dividing the reefers here. Forums are already losing members to other social media platforms might as well add divisiveness to it.
I am a the moderator of this forum. Josh just hasn't pushed the buttons yet. Please stop negative your posts in this forum and be welcoming instead. If you have a problem with me, please get in touch with @Josh .

Last edited:

ichthyogeek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just like that you are stretching to fit a narrative that isn’t there. Again show me in all of MR where anyone was not included. Until then you are politicizing MR which the last I’ve looked was against the rules of the forum. And again all this is is dividing members and human beings. You’re not being progressive. And again I am a long time member who reads every single post and there is not one instance of anyone being left out. You’re saying there has been instances on the internet with a billion people using so that’s why you are bringing in a divisive sub forum here and it’s for one purpose, to be political. No one cares what you are, who you are. I feel like as a catholic i am attacked online everyday are you going to make a sub forum for me?
Hmmm....I'm new to the forum. I can't say that there are any places on MR where minority reefers have been excluded. However, I instead want to ask if you can think of this forum instead, as a way to let other people know they are welcome. There have been instances on another reefing forum, and the way I see it, this is a way to show people that you include everybody. Nothing political about welcoming other reefers into the forum.

It's like standing in an airport waiting for family members to arrive. They'll eventually find you. But they'll find you a lot quicker if you're holding up one of those fun signs with their names on it. You're not disrupting any other traveler's schedule, but you're allowing your family to find you quicker.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Funny I read every post and never see you respond in anyone’s posts helping them or giving advise. I am not saying anything that goes against the rules of this forum so if you want to remove me because of your own political beliefs then go right ahead. Keep dividing and see how it works out. I will leave this thread on my own accord please don’t tell me to. You’re not my dad

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny I read every post and never see you respond in anyone’s posts helping them or giving advise. I am not saying anything that goes against the rules of this forum so if you want to remove me because of your own political beliefs then go right ahead. Keep dividing and see how it works out. I will leave this thread on my own accord please don’t tell me to. You’re not my dad
I guess you don't know who I am, that's fine, but you shouldn't make assumptions.

I am not your dad, I am a moderator of this forum. You are however, acting like a petulant child. If I remove you or your posts, it will not be for political reasons, it will be because you are posting unwelcoming off topic stuff. Seriously, if you have an issue, talk to Josh and stop clogging up this thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

Surfzone

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show me we they weren’t welcomed in MR?
This this right here is where. You keep going on and on trying to have the last word. Wanting someone to say, " Yeah you're right we should get rid of this.", but you fail to see anything past your nose. It has been stated before that there was a problem in another forum. This forum says, y'all can come here and not feel ashamed about who you are. So here we are! Out! In full force. We love our tanks, we love our fish and corals, we breed fish, propagate corals, and some of us are very well respected members of the hobby.

So this forum is to let the LGBTQ community know that we don't have to stay in the closet here.

Surfzone

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the thing...there was no closet here. Just one big f**king room with everyone in it.

The lgbtq sub-forum made a closet. You argue that everyone should be equal and then create a separate group. How is that equal? Am I as a straight man allowed in your lgbtq group?
Yes! Come chat with us everyone is welcome! You as someone who has been here a while should be glad that more people are comming here. We can learn a lot from each other. Why not embrace it? You have no idea what I have done in the hobby and I have no clue about you.

ichthyogeek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway...from now on ill be finding my information on reef tanks from other non political sites and forums. Thats the beauty of this country is that when the bullshit gets to be too much you can go elsewhere.

So that's what I'm gonna do. This site has become hostile against those that are not members of the lgbtq community. For those that I've met along the way, its been a pleasure. And good luck with the tank.

Thales...Congrats on being the moderator in this forum...you really made it in life. I'm sure there will be a trophy in it for you.
I'm confused. How has creating a forum for the LGBTQ community become hostile towards members that are not part of it?
Thats the thing...there was no closet here. Just one big f**king room with everyone in it.

The lgbtq sub-forum made a closet. You argue that everyone should be equal and then create a separate group. How is that equal? Am I as a straight man allowed in your lgbtq group?
The funny thing about closets...is that you don't notice them until somebody pops out of one. Glass closets exist. They suck. As a member, nobody's stopping you from being in this forum. That would be plain silly. As a straight man, you would probably be asked to recognize the privilege of straightness. Going back to the closet euphemism, maybe this forum has seemed like a "big f**king room" to you. And that's really wonderful. But to others, it's been like looking through a window, or peeking through the closet.

Demolishing a closet can be surprising. After all, if nobody's noticed it, then there's a lot of surprised people when somebody comes in with a sledgehammer and destroys the closet door. It's surprising. It can be upsetting. But at the end of the day, nobody's been hurt by the closet's demolition, and as a plus side, there's all this new space! You could be the complainy person who's talking about how there's now a giant hole in the wall leading to a new room. Or you could be the person who's excited to explore and mingle with all of these new people you've never met. Your choice.

fishproblem

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My "privilege" of straightness...wth are you smoking.

Anyway...try not to get any massengil in your top off water.
as a gay reefer who just joined this forum to find... this hot mess. thanks for telling me to avoid you at all costs.

to the mods who created this sub, thanks. i was surprised to see this convo was new and ongoing as I was making my account. i appreciate that you all went out of your way to make this space, knowing it would likely ruffle feathers. i look forward to spending time on the forum!

Tomcitienet

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a new member specifically because of this sub-forum. Thank you to the moderators who recognized the need. I can't promise I'll be very active but this forum will be my new daily reading.

To those who don't know what prompted this change go to that other reefing forum and see the post that has been stickied to the top of the website. (Why doesn't anyone ever just state the name of the website or provide a link? IME the practice is to be vague so that's what I'm doing.) I could also provide a detailed explanation, if allowed. I read the thread that was deleted, before it was deleted due to that forum's ban on discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity.

To those who don't understand why this space is needed, the answer is simple yet complicated: representation matters and safe spaces matter. (I can go into more detail why another time).
-Tom

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: