petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Week let me tell u that I have a powermodule and I had to replace the reflector even using to cover at all times it has been since this past June that I put them on and yesterday coming home from work had another issue two of outer bulbs not working bulb were replaced this July ! So when took the shield off last night I saw that the reflector are spotting again !!! So my opinion they do put out good light compare to halide but expensive maintance for the power module! I changed from metal halide that purpose but ..... So I saw videos how to replace parts for it and it looks like it is easier to do it if you a sunpower vs powermodule ! Also dislike to say this but ATI WHERE IS THE GERMAN REPUTATION " of quality?

sroot17

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Week let me tell u that I have a powermodule and I had to replace the reflector even using to cover at all times it has been since this past June that I put them on and yesterday coming home from work had another issue two of outer bulbs not working bulb were replaced this July ! So when took the shield off last night I saw that the reflector are spotting again !!! So my opinion they do put out good light compare to halide but expensive maintance for the power module! I changed from metal halide that purpose but ..... So I saw videos how to replace parts for it and it looks like it is easier to do it if you a sunpower vs powermodule ! Also dislike to say this but ATI WHERE IS THE GERMAN REPUTATION " of quality?

Do you know what the cause of the spotting is? Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Last edited:

ricwilli

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0

Had my 60" Powermodule 4 inches from the water and never did I ever get spots or stains on the reflectors. Nor did I ever had to replace anything in it. I really miss mine.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
From what I understood, ATI has the best reputation in T5 lighting.
Below are the differences between the two fixtures from ATI's website.
Personally, I prefer the simplicity of the built in controller and single power cord on the dimmable sunpower over the additional 5% par on the powermodule.

http://www.atinorthamerica.com/faq.php
What is the difference between the ATI Powermodule and the ATI SunPower? +/-
There are three main differences between the Powermodule and the SunPower.

Housing Design
The Powermodule has a more of a Heavy-Duty, Curved Housing, much more sleek than that of the SunPower, which has a bent housing. Both are still made of the same high quality German-made aluminum.
Number of Fans
The Powermodule has more fans than the SunPower, but this is only due to the fact that the Powermodule has a more Heavy-Duty Housing. The Powermodule needs the additional fans in order for the Active-Cooling to function adequately.
Style of Reflectors
The Powermodule has a True Parabolic Reflector, while the SunPower has a Bent Reflector, and again, both are still made of the same German-made Reflective Material.
Now even with the above differences, there is only a 5% difference in performance between the two, making the Powermodule more of the showroom and decorative choice, and the SunPower being the more economical choice.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
owned both, the reflectors are a little wider on the powermodule and has more fans and built like a tank, mine is 7" off the water and havent had the water spot issues, you cant go wrong with either, they do use the same ballast though and it isnt any special ballast, honestly i think if i was buying new id get the tek elite

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
well I really don't know I have the acrylic shield on it, the spotting is very small but it's a sign so it s.....! i contacted reef geek for the issue I had for the ati bulb that stop working after 4 months 11 hours a day. they told me that I will receive $6.80 off the next purchase! I will try to get picks and see what we can resolve !

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: