Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I bought this light back in June and I am still having problems with the settings. For everyone out there what do you have the light set at? My tank is 24x24x24 I have the light set at WHITE 30 percent and the two blues at 20 percent. Corals start to burn when I turn it up and corals dont look good when I put it down any more.

thanks

Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
About 30 inches from the sand bed. I have most Lps. Hammer, frog, lobo, favia, mushrooms, leather, blasto, elegance, and one sps hanging on peach digitata.

Corals that are doing bad. All sps, acans, lost a few heads of frog and hammer. Lost zoas. Multi color scoly that I had to take out of tank and put into another tank.

Corals that are doing well. Blasto, the rest of the hammer and frog, mushrooms, dendros, suncoral, favia, finger leather,yellow star polpys.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thats very odd. I have mine about 30 inches from the sandbed also. Blue and royal blues are in the 90s and whites around 30ish. I have a scoly, zoas, and frogspawn on the sandbed doing great. I started all in the 30s and very slowly ramped up. Maybe 2-3 percent a week.

aperret

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Think I can help here.I bought 2 SOL's a month ago and they are over my 90+ corner tank. I was all about popping the colors on my corals right away and started to burn my prized nepthea within 2 days so...

I did setup for morning and dusk with gradual increments but the day setting started at 10% white 15% blue and 15% RB with the ramp at 10-15 minutes. This made the burning stop immediately but too late for my chalices. Over the last 4-6 weeks I gradually increased to 15% W 23% B AND 28% RB.

In short I was all excited that I got the units and was in a hurry to pop out all the colors. What I did notice is that the corals reacted quickly to the whits increase and not in a good way. The local store here recommended increasing to 25% W 35% B and 35% RB over a few months. I tend to agree with them as thier SPS and LPS are popping and growing all over the place. I added a few SPS this week along with about 20 some rics and all is well, and I never had luck with SPS or even hammers and they all adjusted immmediatley.

In my own stupid opinion just because we can set the 3 LED's to a whopping 100% doesn't mean we have to.

Back those settings down and bring them up over time and you will see a difference. Hope this helps.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Hers is the break down on how i have my 2 A I set up. i just switched about 1 month ago and every thing is doing good. just my zoa are reaching for more light but will increase lil by lil i have a mix of corals. hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_20111020_211207.jpg
    IMG_20111020_211207.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 2,628

HanKami

Mentalism
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I also have a ai sol, at 12'o my settings are blues 100% , whites 65% and a profliux controller to control the lights, i found a lot of my friends had a problem with the lights frying there corals because the controller did pause in the light simulation. meaning the light is a constant 50% and when it goes up to 60% its a constant 60%.( a cloud setting witch changes the intensity constantly would be useful) Since your sps are thriving try putting the corals in a partial shaded area to see if the thrive better.

if you didn't know here is a link to show the par and performance of the ai sol and different heights. http://www.aquaillumination.com/sol/performance.html

Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks. I have my lights set at 20 percent for white and 30 percent for both blues. Now I will give it a few weeks to see what happens.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: