adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Finally setup my DIY LEDs on my 20G. I'm still debating wether its enough light or should I go back to T5. I only have 4" of clearance so that may be the problem. These are dimmable but these are on full power for the pic. Let me get your input and see what u think about the lighting. Is it enough? Should I go back?
a6898b27-7363-92ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
lol I thought about that a long time ago. If I did that there wouldnt be enough light to spread through my tank since I would only have about 2 1/2" of clearance and that would make all the light focus to the center and all my corals would burn. and the bigger the fixture, the more power and I dont need so much

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
True but all I'm looking for is if it looks bright enough. My par readings are great.

If PAR is in range of your requirements, perfect. In terms of looks, any spotlighting? From your first picture, it appears there some dark areas... or is it the photo? Are the lens, if any, removable?

adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
There are no dark spots just not bright enough for me ( I'm used to T5 still) I might just add a 24" led strip to brighten it up. I don't know if they are removable I'll ask Wingo.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
17" in height? Not sure what diodes are being used, I would ask the manufacturer. But if they are 3W diodes @ 17" of water, and you went 100% from the getgo... you would have a lot of unhappy corals on those rocks very quickly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: