Arduino or Raspberry Pi or other option for Sunrise/Sunset

saahilrtrivedi

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am interested in setting up a sunrise, sunset and moonlight RGB LED strip on my tank.
This is a purely aesthetic light setup and I have a separate higher wattage light on a timer.

I have no experience in coding apart from extremely basic java four years ago, so basically no experience.

I have no soldering experience either. I do have some wiring experience but that is in cars.

Can either of these options be considered easy and be completed in one day?

If not are there any other options/controllers that are either easy to work with to prebuilt? Not looking to spend too much more than $50.

As a side note, also willing to purchase a prebuilt and coded controller. NYC preferred.

lnevo

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Talk to wingo (AquaProBuilder i believe) i think he has the kind of led strip you are looking for. Its not really the kind that grow coral...this seems more like effect lighting. For corals we're not much into yellow and orange..

For drivers and all things led look at ledgroupbuy.com and rapidled.com

saahilrtrivedi

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If it wasn't Chinese New Year I could help you with one you could control from your phone.

First of all: Happy New Year!!

I'm in no rush.

Would this be able to be programmed so it would change effects (sunrise to daylight, daylight to sunset, sunset to moonlight) by itself without any input from me?

saahilrtrivedi

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Talk to wingo (AquaProBuilder i believe) i think he has the kind of led strip you are looking for. Its not really the kind that grow coral...this seems more like effect lighting. For corals we're not much into yellow and orange..

For drivers and all things led look at ledgroupbuy.com and rapidled.com

Thanks for the heads up. I sent an email through the WingoLED website.

I don't need it to grow coral. I have a separate one for that. I just want effect lighting.

saahilrtrivedi

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ha Im not Chinese but the country is shut down. I already celebrated.

Haha my apologies. My Happy New Year statement still stands for any one else viewing this thread that happens to be Chinese.

Would the smartphone controllable method you have in mind be able to change effects on schedule?