reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
So ive had these lights for about a month now and I acclimated the tank to the lights.

I have a softies tank so i don't really need to high of lights, but im currently running them after acclimation at 100% on the blues and 75% on the whites. No idea if this is too high or not. I just changed from 80% blue to 100% blue 2 days ago so i dont think i would have noticed any negative impacts by now.

Also the light is the photon 48. I've seen reviews on the photon 32 which puts out massive amounts of par because its the same amount of lights as the 48 but squeezed into a smaller space.

Currently have the lights sitting about 8" above the tank or what ever the included legs make it sit at. I still notice some very dull spots at the top of the tank because of the spread of the light so I was debating raising the lights a little higher above the tank to make it more visually appealing to the eye, but the "dead zones" dont have any coral in them so the change wouldn't have anything to do with actually getting light to some coral.

So anyone have any experience with these lights that can shed some light on the setting they have their lights on? Or does anyone have a PAR meter i can borrow :D.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
well thats the thing is idk how much par this is putting out. But at the setting i have it now for its peak it looks only a little brighter than what my MH used to be hitting this tank with for the entire duration of the day.

nharbarte

Reef learner
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I have two Photon32 on my 180Gal. Set 13" above water level. I have 10%SPS 80%LPS and 10%Softies. plus fishes.

I did use the preset configuration "cloudy" 60%Blue 50%White. All corals are happy happy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: