Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
What kind of light do you have? LEDS? T5? Metal Halide? Why do you prefer this type of Of Lights over the others available? Price? Quility? Effect? And if you had to rate the light you have from 1-10 what would you Rate yours? The Reason I ask I have a Sunbrite f-Series LED light that I love but the company went out of Buisness and discontinued the app used to control the light so I can't changed any settings onit any more and I'm trying to see what my next light might be?LMK

Vwcrakerjack

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Maxspec 16k I bought it because the fish store has it over all their coral tanks and it looked well also the guy said he had kessil lights but saw more growth with these. I used to have halides on my old setup and Imo they can't be beat but the heat issues as well as the power consumption vs LED makes them seem to be more work than their worth now that we have other choices. I haven't set up my tank and lights yet but from other reviews and what I've seen in person I think I'll be happy with the lights I have. Also the controls are pretty nice and have all different options on how to run the lights.

johnsonpics

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm fairly new to this, only just under two years. However, I bought a used Current Solana 34g tank and I bought the Current Orbit Marine LED lights to go with it, simply because it was in my budget and it seemed like it was designed for my tank in mind. I haven't had any problems, I love how much you can control it, and coral growth is great. I think the best part I like about it, is that it sits only a few inches off the water, and the light doesn't spill over into the room, only the tank. Super sleek, programable and controlable.

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
That's what I liked about the ($1200 ) SunBrite f-series LEDS I had, the control of the lights was great but now I can't get the WiFi from the light modem cause the company went of of Buisness and removed the app I tried everything from jail breaking an ipod to get the app back with no luck so im in the market for a new light unless someone knows a way to get control back. I really like LEDS though, I have A T5 6 bulb but they need new bulbs and I just might go towards a new light instead of pulling T5 out and buying new bulbs.

Trodny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm with Johnson on this, been Reefing for about 2 years. 55 gal mixed reef tank using 2 current orbit LED's because I got them at a decent price and was able to program them to my tanks liking. Didn't know what to expect because many reefers lean towards other more expensive lights but I've had no problem growing out my corals, originally LpS and softies but recently I even introduced a few hardy SPS and I'm getting growth from them as well.
I'll be tagging along on this thread to learn more....

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run metal halides. 2 x 175 w with hamilton 14k bulbs. I have always loved the look of metal halide. I see some awesome tanks with LED's but so far all of my favorite tanks run halides. Truth be told if money was no issue I would probably try an LED set up just for the heat issue alone though.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Take a look at SB Reeflights. What started out as community driven development of the Chinese Blackbox lights you'll find on ebay under names like GalaxyHydro MarsAqua, etc. it's the same lights as ReefBreeders and ReefRadiance but with much better customer service (in my experience) and a great spectrum, great price. A lot of options for control as well. Feel free to PM me if any questions.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: