Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Hey All,

Cleaned my UV a few weeks ago and replaced the lamp. It's been running for about a year.
I found caked on salt surrounding 75% of the acyrlic protective tubing.
Wondering if anyone has any idea as to why this happened. The Pentair Aquatics UV is hanging horizontally. Pumped by its own pump at around 85/100 gph.
I reinstalled it so that the outflow is bent a bit towards the sump, figuring the water was allowed to pool to much in the housing...but not so sure this is the cause b/c this particular UV can also be used vertically which would cause the water to pool way more.
At a loss...

Attachments

• 20190806_124238.jpg
    20190806_124238.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 223

thomashtom

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey Tim, yeah didn?t think that through. Lol. Could be a restriction or a lack of flow? Something that would cause water to stayin unit. Maybe a problem with the pump? Thanks

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I know on the old HW UV salt creep build up on the inside was common, the problem usually being the rubber gasket on the ends were shot and a small amount of water would leak.
the buildup is on the side where the water passes through, not like the water is creeping or leaking into places it shouldn't be. think it may be time to contact BRS of Pentair themselves to dig deeper

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: