jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My tank is finally cycled and I need to get lights.

I am between 2 AI Prime HD or one 300W Viparspectra.
I have a 36x18x20 tank. The black box is 31.5 x 8.5 x 2.4 and one would be sufficient for the tank.

I have had success with black boxes in the past but really wanted this tank to be my first "premium" tank but cost is getting to be a factor.

Anyone have experience with Viparspectra? I know the Primes are better quality but I don't think I need the controllability of the Primes.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you get the Viparspectra's, are you going to be thinking "What if I got the Ai Prime's instead?" If so, then my advice would be to get the 2 primes. If you find they aren't necessary, then return them and pick up the viparspectra instead. Atleast then you can say "now I know." Sure, it may take a little more time but I think it may be worth the investment in time

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Anyone have experience with Viparspectra? I know the Primes are better quality but I don't think I need the controllability of the Primes.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I have a mixed reef and own two of the 300w viparspectra and have been very pleased with them. They are a great option for the budget reefer.

my 2cents...

kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I definitely recommend viparspectra if you are not planning to keep high end acropora. That’s the only difference that sets it apart from expensive light in my opinion... otherwise in terms of growth and color for LPS and common sps, I’m satisfied with the results I get from viparspectra.

Wilson416

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
7B7E7D27-9465-4AD8-9CF8-15DE383BB2E1.png

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: