evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Hey,

I just wanted to see if anyone here has any insight on the NOOPSYCHE LEDs. From pictures, they really make some incredible POP. Decent amount of people on FB page like them and made the switch from radions. Price is incredible if they truly make some nice POP and growth.

I would make the plunge but I am not 100% sold that this isn't just another chinese product that will go bad in 6 months and I am stuck back where I started.

Most things in this hobby, you get what you pay for.

Not to say there aren't good options for low prices. Reefing on a budget and making it work very well. Plenty of examples of good reef tanks on a budget.

**Do not go on a rant about price, etc. I am looking for people who have owned them and could give better insight on them. I don't care if you own 1k lights and wouldn't trust any light not spending an arm and a leg for. If everyone could have an orphek v4, there would be the next big deal that bumps the price level. **

I appreciate any insight!

Thanks,
Mike

Adamantium

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a Noopsyche Facebook group with hundreds of posts of people talking about them. They can’t all be sellers haha

I have the hybrid fixture, and it’s fantastic. Works well, and is very well built. I’ve heard nothing but good things about their LEDs, and may upgrade from my Primes in the near future.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've had 4 of them since September, I like the lights but the controller leaves a little to be desired; once they're programmed though I haven't touched the controller. Similar to radions they have a nasty disco ball effect so you'll want T5 or LED strips to wash it out. If your handy with a soldering iron the Artic T247 are still my favorite, add a bluefish controller and the lights are just as controllable as any light on the market.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
There’s a Noopsyche Facebook group with hundreds of posts of people talking about them. They can’t all be sellers haha

I have the hybrid fixture, and it’s fantastic. Works well, and is very well built. I’ve heard nothing but good things about their LEDs, and may upgrade from my Primes in the near future.
Do they have colonies in that FB group or is people hyping them up just because? Been hearing about noops for a year and still have t see a full grown tank with them on. I can put any light over a tank for a few months and say how great they are. I want to see actual results

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
He’s running 4 noops and a light bar and getting that low of numbers on a 48” tank. No thank you

Attachments

• 1DFDE36B-B8DC-4807-A5E4-72BE7A9C63A8.jpeg
    1DFDE36B-B8DC-4807-A5E4-72BE7A9C63A8.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 117

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
True but he says right there in the post the lights are only et to 70% on the blue and 50% on the white. Most PAR tests are done at full power, also doesn't mention what sensor he used; the older Apogee 210 sensor did not read blues very well.

PAR is only one aspect of growing SPS, dont know if you remember MGNY but he was growing beautiful SPS under T8 bulbs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: