Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Looks like they are coming out very soon.

I am glad they did not make them orange and silver. If you do not want to click, price is $869.95

Also on RB:

And an introduction video from Neptune:

Last edited:
No thank you. Sky need to be cheaper to compete with ecotech. Same price as ecotech xr30. I rather stick with what is proven.

I can tell you from experience in trying out Ecotech fixtures, they are absolutely terrible with coverage.

These fixtures are apparently supposed to be in line with ATI Straton and Philips CoralCare and if that's the case, being the owner of 3 ATI fixtures, I would imagine they'll easily outcompete Ecotech in shear performance. Not to mention that Neptune is an overall reputable company.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Looking forward to seeing some PAR numbers. But so far people seem to be happy about it. I had an XR15 Gen3 Pro on my nano. Switched to XR30 Gen4 Pro because I needed more power, and the improved optics had slightly helped with shadowing. But if the SKY are able to produce no shadowing at all... they will be something I would consider for a larger tank.

Water Dog

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m curious to see what LED diodes they use in these fixtures. Will they be quality Luxeon, Rebel, Cree, etc or will they be bottom of the barrel Chinese generic diodes? Let’s face it, Neptune has a reputation for using the cheapest possible components in their accessories. I’ve asked about the diodes used on some other discussion forums and so far, mum’s the word...

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
They had more details in their video:

At 55:11 they have PAR numbers

Capture_sky_par.JPG

Someone asked about which LEDs are used (1:21:10): Cree, Semiled, and two other brands Terrence could not remember. Most are Cree.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: