mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
So the purple area on the stalk is slowly receding... other than that the frogspawn is doing great and has only been growing since I added it.

Water parameters are all within normal limits - is this normal or could it be part of my CUC doing this or something else?

Attachments

• 2013-10-11 19.12.24.jpg
    2013-10-11 19.12.24.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 383

Dre

Looks okay. It need flow but not too much. It seem you'll have 2 heads soon as well. Good luck.

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
So the white "stringy" pieces (mesenterial filaments?) and the purple base area receding is fine?

Also, how can you tell that I may have another head soon?

Dre

The top section is wide. The dividing process in progress. It seem like it's begging for more light though. You have a full tank shot?

Tonyscoots84

REEF ON!
Manhattan Reefs
to me it does not look good. looks like its receding alot. is it in a high flow area if it is i would place it in a lower flow area. Try feeding it mysis shrimp or any meaty food and see what happens ;).

also what are your levels. Nitrates, phosphates, saiinity, temp.......

Last edited:

reefman

Chairman of the board
Manhattan Reefs
recession is never a good or normal thing.
fortunately it is a lps so it is more hardy than sps so can recover if conditions are corrected.

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
I moved it to an area with less flow - checked water parameters and my nitrates were sky high! Looked to be between 40-80 ppm according to the API test kits... Not sure how or why this happened, I have a bad feeling about the Petco pre-mixed water - I just did a 20% water change and will do another one tomorrow - picking up some pre-mixed water and RODI from Pop Corals.

Phosphates - between 0 and .25
Ammonia & Nitrite - 0
Salinity 1.026
Temp - 77.7

Everything else appears to be doing fine - could these high nitrates be responsible? It has receded even farther today. Water parameters were fine last time I tested (a week ago)

I also feed it silversides, but it doesn't seem to ever fully eat them, tentacles suck on it then it simply lets it go.

Dre

That's how mine use to look, then it would grow back on it's own.
ssc_2345.jpg

If you lose it i'll give you one of mine.

Last edited:

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Need to mince silversides. You don't say what kind of lighting you have and how far it is from the light. LPS usually can get used to any lighting but it does need time.

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
I cut the silversides with a knife into small pieces... small enough for acans and green implosion palys to eat - appears to be small enough for the frog.

It is about 20" from my lights which are LEDs - 20 X 3 watts

John, from Pop Corals, said it looked fine to him. Honestly, it is looking very healthy and big, fully puffed up - the only issue is the purple base recession... I'm confused. Did another 20% water change yesterday, Nitrates down to 40 ppm

Can purigen bag and/or chemi-pure elite bags become nitrate factories? I've had Purigen in for 1 month and chemi-pure bag in for just over 3 weeks

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Thanks - I think you're right... The one mouth looks to have split into two mouths! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for nothing but good news!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: