mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So the purple area on the stalk is slowly receding... other than that the frogspawn is doing great and has only been growing since I added it.

Water parameters are all within normal limits - is this normal or could it be part of my CUC doing this or something else?

Attachments

• 2013-10-11 19.12.24.jpg
    2013-10-11 19.12.24.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 383

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
The top section is wide. The dividing process in progress. It seem like it's begging for more light though. You have a full tank shot?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
to me it does not look good. looks like its receding alot. is it in a high flow area if it is i would place it in a lower flow area. Try feeding it mysis shrimp or any meaty food and see what happens ;).

also what are your levels. Nitrates, phosphates, saiinity, temp.......

Last edited:

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I moved it to an area with less flow - checked water parameters and my nitrates were sky high! Looked to be between 40-80 ppm according to the API test kits... Not sure how or why this happened, I have a bad feeling about the Petco pre-mixed water - I just did a 20% water change and will do another one tomorrow - picking up some pre-mixed water and RODI from Pop Corals.

Phosphates - between 0 and .25
Ammonia & Nitrite - 0
Salinity 1.026
Temp - 77.7

Everything else appears to be doing fine - could these high nitrates be responsible? It has receded even farther today. Water parameters were fine last time I tested (a week ago)

I also feed it silversides, but it doesn't seem to ever fully eat them, tentacles suck on it then it simply lets it go.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
That's how mine use to look, then it would grow back on it's own.
ssc_2345.jpg

If you lose it i'll give you one of mine.

Last edited:

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I cut the silversides with a knife into small pieces... small enough for acans and green implosion palys to eat - appears to be small enough for the frog.

It is about 20" from my lights which are LEDs - 20 X 3 watts

John, from Pop Corals, said it looked fine to him. Honestly, it is looking very healthy and big, fully puffed up - the only issue is the purple base recession... I'm confused. Did another 20% water change yesterday, Nitrates down to 40 ppm

Can purigen bag and/or chemi-pure elite bags become nitrate factories? I've had Purigen in for 1 month and chemi-pure bag in for just over 3 weeks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: