Reeffrenzy

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanurus Wrasses broodstock fed LRS Reef Frenzy

?LRS Foods has been providing our blends for the Tropical Aqua Lab in Florida to support the captive breeding efforts of the Rising Tide Conservation Program. It posted today that LRS Reef Frenzy (as well as two other foods) was a staple food for the broodstock which aided in the successful breeding of wrasses.

This is just another instance where the diversity and freshness of LRS foods has demonstrated that premium ingredients in an aquarium food can provide a significant nutritional boost to captive fish and broodstock.

Check out the article and cool videos:

http://risingtideconservation.blogspot.com/2015/04/breaking-internet-check-out-our-wrasses.html

Last edited:

Reeffrenzy

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had an amazing tour of the TAL and I was able to snap a few photos of the melanurus wrasse project. In addition my wife and I were able to see some other amazing operations in the facility.

How about the opportunity for my wife to feed LRS by hand to a tank full of beautiful Emperor Angels.

You don't want to miss these stunning specimens!

https://youtu.be/fcwepm67ubY

Here are a few shots from the Melanurus project:

One lone juvenile at about 36 days post hatch:

A2F826E8-8FDA-4C68-8F53-73E9267B54F8_zpsqe2i8e31.jpg

Biological Scientist Kevin Barden is the man behind the success:

30BE349A-A4E1-4690-9071-A5CAAC03C218_zpspuoyph91.jpg

The melanurus are spawning almost daily and the eggs are collected:

409F46F6-560A-4AAB-95FA-955BB327DE4D_zpsii5zvxnl.jpg

174D3854-19B0-4C4C-9EC3-04CC649182EF_zpsnp4wgpfk.jpg

The 3 males and 3 females are held in this trough:

02134102-1502-4AE7-B9CF-09A73AD74A6E_zpstxhuvoz1.jpg

Now we are off to our booth at Reef A Palooza, Orlando

Enjoy!

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Does anyone know of a place that ships this food? Can't find it anywhere up in these mountains. Only places I know sell it is pop corals on Brooklyn and aquarium village in long island. Both over 3 hours away from me

Reeffrenzy

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a place that ships this food? Can't find it anywhere up in these mountains. Only places I know sell it is pop corals on Brooklyn and aquarium village in long island. Both over 3 hours away from me

If you have no stocking dealer within 3 hours please send me a PM. We can ship to you very affordably with dry ice, cooler and Fed Ex ground. It will be discounted to help you receive the food for the same price as in stores. We only do this for areas we have no local fish store stocking our foods. Thanks!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: