Reeffrenzy

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS is releasing a new food designed from the ground up for use as a broodstock conditioning diet! It will officially be named "LRS Fertility Frenzy" but everyone is calling it the "Who's your daddy? blend!
After many months of testing, evaluation and tweaking we have arrived at a final blend which we feel is like no other in the marketplace. We solicited input and suggestions from top names in the marine breeding community to develop a food with the sole purpose to boost the metabolism of broodstock used for breeding. This food has ingredients which make it rich in protein and beneficial fatty acids for superior nutrition.

Over the past year we have been fortunate enough to have our foods named in several exciting breeding projects listed on our website. We have been lucky to have the guidance and expertise of many veteran breeders who were eager to help us develop this product. Some of the projects we have been involved in are found here: http://www.larrysreefservices.com/testimonials.html

We look forward to working with researchers this Fall as this new blend starts to make the rounds in aquaculture facilities.

In the meantime, the clownfish breeders and aquaculture facilities testing this new blend over the past month are reporting 25% larger spawns, more healthy larvae, and even first time spawns since feeding this food. We just sent frozen samples to the lab this week for analysis of Protein, Fat, Moisture, Fiber. We are finalizing the product label layout and hope to get them to the printer ASAP.

We hope to have this shipping to retail stores by Mid-Late October.

Thanks to all our friends and fans who stopped by our booth at MACNA to say hello. We are gaining quite a large fan base it seems in the NJ, NYC and PA area. Don't forget to "Like" our LarrysReefServices Facebook page since we update it daily. Leading up to MACNA we gave away a bunch of LRS shirts, pint beer glasses and frag coolers, and we may do it again as we get caught up.

Thanks again,

Larry

Here are a couple screenshots from folks using our enhanced foods for breeding clowns.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-12%20at%208.39.30%20AM_zpssopmwwjw.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-06%20at%208.31.13%20PM_zpsjkaxu7cl.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-27%20at%2011.29.03%20AM_zpsfwxujo6q.png

Reeffrenzy

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy to report that the first few hundred packs of the new LRS Fertility Frenzy? blend shipped yesterday to retail stores and breeders. We still have plenty in stock from this first production run so let your LFS know if you have been waiting for this. This specialty blend takes the existing LRS Fish Frenzy? recipe and improves it with these "tweaks":

* More proteins from nutrient rich sources including cuttlefish meat imported from India

* More beneficial DHA fats and lipids to help broodstock maintain weight for increased spawns

* Not one but FOUR strains of active probiotic bacteria "borrowed" right out of a product used currently in aquaculture with great success

* Pigmentation enhancers from natural sources for maximum vibrance and coloration

* This food is a homogenized blend, meaning it has smaller particles held together with an unflavored gelatin binder. This permits the food to be fed to a wider range of brood stock and lets uneaten food be removed from the system more easily.

*A well balanced vitamin and mineral supplement is added to further enhance the overall nutrition of the blend

This food was developed over the last 3-4 months with input and guidance from some of the most respected people in the marine breeding community
This blend has currently being used by several aquaculture facilities with great results. When we have more widespread use I will compile the results in a post to share some photos and feedback.

In case you were wondering this is the lady behind LRS and without her assistance this "crazy train" would have derailed years ago. :)

6C570BFE-4F6D-4209-A576-CA91FD5266A5_zps50agjanm.jpg

If you are wondering how you can find LRS Frenzy Foods you can simply enter your zip code on our searchable dealer map found here: http://www.larrysreefservices.com/where-to-buy-lrs.html

The map is updated weekly and recently we added many new locations.

LRS%20Fertility%20Frenzy_zpsu2yecyys.png

This recent photo was submitted to us from Clownfish Depot, who has been feeding samples of our new blend for weeks and getting great results.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-11%20at%203.12.10%20PM_zpsuxxwbckv.png

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Pop Corals is getting a shipment which includes the new Fertility Frenzy blend by the end of this week. I'm not sure if any others have it yet since we just released it Monday.

Looks like a trip to Brooklyn is in the works.
Didn't read the post well the first time.
I was just happy M.A. Started carrying LRS.

Reeffrenzy

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if these foods expire?
Ive had a pack of LRS reef frenzy for about 8 months. Barely used it but gonna start for my clowns.

As long as the food has been kept frozen and stored properly, (i.e. - Not left to thaw on the counter every night and then frozen again and again) you should have no problems after 8 months if it was stored at zero or below. Warmer temps can cause food to breakdown prematurely but if you kept it frozen you should be fine.

Just an FYI we are getting some amazing feedback on this new blend with first-time spawns and larger nests from many in the breeding community.

I uploaded a few pics and screenshots to the website at the bottom of this page.

http://www.larrysreefservices.com/lrs-fertility-frenzy.html

Thanks for your support!

Larry

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Thanks for such a quick response.

I honestly forgot it was in the freezer. I've been feeding my clowns pellets all this time.

Just fed them some and saw them smiling.

I will look into the new food. My clowns are very small but it would be great to feed them something that's natural and can promote healthy spawning adults.

Thanks again.

Reeffrenzy

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi is the "who's your daddy blend" available in any stores on long island?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly you would have to call your LFS to check. We just did a complete update of our searchable dealer map on the website this week. I have no way to monitor what inventory our 400+ dealers have at any given time. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Understood. I should have phrased the question differently.

I called a few lfs and some never heard of this blend and others said they don't carry it.

I guess I really wanted to know if it's available yet to the lfs to carry them and not so much whether they have it in stock.

Thanks for confirming.

Reeffrenzy

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood. I should have phrased the question differently.

I called a few lfs and some never heard of this blend and others said they don't carry it.

I guess I really wanted to know if it's available yet to the lfs to carry them and not so much whether they have it in stock.

Thanks for confirming.

I'm not sure why they have never heard of it. Since last year when we released it it has been mentioned in nearly a dozen newsletter we send out to our dealers. Every time we have a new breakthrough or someone mentions using this food in a project (like the blue hippo or yasha goby breeding success) we send out an email blast. It is a regular production item and on our standard pricing sheets. Let me know if I can assist further.

More info about the blend is here: http://www.larrysreefservices.com/lrs-fertility-frenzy.html

Thanks!

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks piranhapat. I'll give them a call.

Have you tried this blend?
I have a pair of clowns and wanted to try this food. I'm currently using the nano reef frenzy.

Yes,I have it and let me tell you that after feeding them this food they lay eggs. When I stop for a while they stop laying the eggs. I'm so convinced that this works. I do a test every so often. Now my big test I remove the clowns from DT. Usually when I do that they never lay eggs. See if this works.... Good stuff

Reeffrenzy

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your results! There are about a dozen screenshots on the Fertility page on my website of giant clownfish nests. We also supply cases of this blend to more than one commercial hatchery and they've noticed many benefits as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: