Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
First off i'd like to thank Joe, John and Alex over at Manhattan Aquarium!! (522 West 37th Street between 10th and 11th Ave)

To make a long story short. NYPD moved my car and relocated it to 36th and 11th Ave. When i noticed it gone i called 311 and was then told where it was. I walked over to the car to discover that it now had a dead battery and 3 tickets.

My # 1 concern was to get the car mobile to avoid any more tickets since it was a no standing zone. I asked a few people for a jump and in great NYC fashion i got the "FU stranger". There was even a Auto shop on the same block and the guy claimed he had no jumper cables.

I WAS STUCK!!

Then i thought about Manhattan Aquarium being on 37th street. So i took the 2 block walk over there and they were about to close. I asked the owner Joe for cables and he had some in the basement . Now i needed a car for a jump. ( My only option was my mom who was babysitting my 1 year old daughter and about an hour away).

Then Joe said he'd loan me the company car and take John (his worker) with me to deal with the issue.

GOT IT STARTED , AND NOW I HAVE TO FIGHT THE CITY FOR THE 3 TICKETS I GOT DUE TO IT BEING MOVED FROM IT'S ORIGINAL PARKING SPOT TO 36TH STREET (WHERE THE TICKETS WERE ISSUED).
..................................................................................................

So thank you guys. I own your guys lunch!!

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
By the way this shop is like a candy shop for Reefers!!

i visit the shop about once a week just to look. That cylinder tank is speachless.

You guys have to check out the StingRay pond.

Every $100 spent you get like 15% off
+ 10% off for being on this forum.

If i had a Reef tank i'd be broke living this close to the store!!

Stop by. Top notch store and top notch people.

GOT MY VOTE!!

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Thats what I love about this community. One member helped you get your car started and another is helping you avoid paying the tickets. BTW why did they even move the car to begin with?

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Plead not guilty on the summonses due to the fact that the NYPD relocated your car. There should have been a sticker on the window advising Agents and Officers to not issue a summons due to the fact it was relocated.

I'll do one better, i'll pay the Traffic Court a visit to sort this out. Because last time i mailed in a ticket. They responded with a plea bargin. (only $20 off the original ticket). And i can't aford to be tied up with silly court dates. SOmestimes i'd rather pay the ticket than have to loose a day of work.

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yea... why did they move it. If anything I would think they would take it to the impound lot.

BTW. Joe and his staff are awesome. My goodness his fish are TANKS.

At first i feared ti was stolen. Since i have already had one of my cars stolen from this area. But thats another story.

i called 311 to see if it was either stolen or impounded.

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sometimes there are functions like movie shoots,dignitary details etc that the just relocate cars for. Instead of impounding them they relocate them. It's wierd.

i called 311, and they told me that it was relocated on 36th and 10th.

There was a Yellow sticker on the window to explain the move . But it was blank and not filled out ( which struck me as weird).

There was also another white paper tucked under the wiper saying that "this Vehicle was relocated due to Parade Route" And it did state that the car was not to be ticketed.

But there was NO Parade as far as i know, i even asked the 311 agent about "the parade" and they had no idea about it.

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anytime Pootie - Glad we were able to lend a helping hand! :)

and lend a helping hand you did! :beer:

these are a few phone pix i took of the cylinder tank
IMG00041-20090418-1414.jpg

IMG00042-20090418-1415.jpg

IMG00043-20090418-1415.jpg

IMG00044-20090418-1422.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: