• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Mitch

Nano Reefer
Rating - 86.7%
13   2   0
Awesome news... Ecoxotic just posted my most recent video on their facebook page! Pretty honored, haha.

In other news, I'm getting my RBTA and Duncans tomorrow! Very excited. Yet, I'm having horrible diatom buildup on my glass that I have to scrape off every few days which is getting annoying. I think the DIY refugium I'm working on will fix that though. :D

Mitch

Nano Reefer
Rating - 86.7%
13   2   0
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I got some okay pictures of the RBTA and Duncans I recently acquired...

dsc04229dj.jpg

dsc04219o.jpg

Enjoy, and please comment!

Mitch

Nano Reefer
Rating - 86.7%
13   2   0
So the RBTA decided to go on a walk last night and nestled right up next to the Duncans... I ended up moving the Duncans and luckily no apparent damage was done. But once you move one coral, you need to move some more... and then some more, and so on. (At least for me!) So now a bunch of stuff is moved around but everything is looking nice. I'll snap a few pictures tomorrow.

Also, I got the DIY AC70 'fuge up and running and threw a nice wad of Chaeto in there. I'll have to fine tune the flow a bit but it's up and running so I'm happy.

Mitch

Nano Reefer
Rating - 86.7%
13   2   0
Here's a nice picture update for you guys. :)

dsc04242x.jpg

Frogspawn

dsc04268g.jpg

Acans

dsc04266zn.jpg

Jacque, the Blood Red Cleaner Shrimp

dsc04274s.jpg

Shadowy Pink Palys

dsc04276a.jpg

Eagle Eye Zoas

dsc04282bp.jpg

Orange Ricordea - I want more Ricordeas!

dsc04286h.jpg

Pom Pom Xenia - This stuff has grown from 5 polpys to like 50 in just a few months! It seems it grows exponentially faster.

dsc04298c.jpg

FTS - 9/26/11

Enjoy, and please comment!

Mitch

Nano Reefer
Rating - 86.7%
13   2   0
Gah, I'm having two annoying problems...

The diatoms on the glass are getting really annoying. I have to scrape the glass every other day and sometimes every day just to be able to look at the tank. I think the issue is the canister filter. Instead of cleaning it once a week I'm going to start cleaning it twice a week. Hopefully that will help me get rid of the crap building up in there before it breaks down into algae food.

Also, I caught the Emerald Crab munching on the Duncans today. I target feed the damn thing at every feeding yet it still insists on eating the corals. I'm now in the process of trying to catch the little sucker but that's a lot easier said than done. Wish me luck!

PS: I might be getting some new fish tomorrow at Greenwich Aquaria's or House of Fins' big sales!

Mitch

Nano Reefer
Rating - 86.7%
13   2   0
This morning I got a nice pair of Ocellaris Clowns at Greenwich Aquaria for only $30! I got them acclimated and took some pictures, check them out!

dsc04312v.jpg

Female

dsc043122.jpg

Same shot as above in B&W

dsc04314h.jpg

Damn Cardinal had to photo-bomb this one

dsc04326c.jpg

Male - Much more red than the female

dsc04331b.jpg

Female

dsc043312.jpg

Close up of the above shot

dsc04349f.jpg

Just for color comparison

dsc04385a.jpg

Cardinal with a nice background

dsc04386a.jpg

RBTA macro shot

dsc043862.jpg

Same shot as above in B&W

The clowns have not even taken notice to the RBTA, which I was hoping they'd host. I think it may take them a little while to get acclimated and start hosting it, though. Anyways, enjoy the pictures, and please comment!

Mitch

Nano Reefer
Rating - 86.7%
13   2   0
This tank will be 4 months old on October 16th, this sunday. :) This week I'll be working on a nice video in honor of the 4 month anniversary. Get pumped!

Also, my birthday is coming up on the 21st. I plan on getting an ATO for the tank. The Tunze Osmolator is looking nice!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: