• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Koho42

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a 6 Gal Fluval Edge Reef Tank I setup a couple of months ago. Everything is going well but I am struggling with the placement of my Hydor Koralia Nano Powerhead. Right now it is in the back right corner about half way down the wall blowing the from right to left and aimed towards the top. I have to keep a rock partially blocking it because it seems to create too much flow for my tank. Does anyone have a better idea? I've seen MANY pictures where have them mounted on the back wall. I tried that but it seemed to create way to much flow, especially when combined with the HOB filter that came with it. It seems the corals open up more when the flow is obstructed. I saw the Pico pump but didn't know if that would matter. Here are the items I have in there right now.

3 small frogspawn heads
3 mushroom coral, green striped.
1 clump of trumpet corals
1 button polyp colony
2 zooanthid colonies
1 ricordea
1 cleaner shrimp
1 court jester goby
snails
2 hermits crabs
8lbs live rock
10lbs live sand, larger grain
stock light with white leds in them
2 stunner strips, one blue, one white/blue

Thanks for any ideas or advice!

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
The koralia nano 240gph is just right for the edge. Is it the nano 240 or 425 gph you have? If it is the 425 then it is a little bit strong for it.I have the koralia 240gph nano in my edge tank.
You can check out the pic on my tank thread to see the placement.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: