• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Ole Pukey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey Y'all

This is my Fluval Edge that i started two months ago. I felt i needed some more room so i just ordered a Mr Aqua 12 long and plan to transfer everything over next week.

Tank:
Edge 6 gallon
AC50 w Stevie T's inTank Media Basket
Rena 50w
MP10
AI Nano

Filtration:
7lbs LR & 1" LS
Chempure, Purigen & Filter Floss

SPS
Green stylophora
Reverse sunset monti
lime green monti

Softies
3 Yumas
2 Ricordea
Zoas & Polys
Daisy Polyps

LPS
Purple Green frogspawn
Purple Gold hammer

The other guys
BW Occy
Margarita & Nessarius Snails
Scarlet Hermit
Emerald Crab

Thanks to Nano-Reef'ers & Tropical Island Aquarium

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 549

Ole Pukey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey, It's Chris from Nano-Reefs.com. Tank is looking sweet. What settings are you running your AI Nano at?

Hey Chris- My lights have yet to reach 50% since they are sitting half the height of yours. I've been bumping up EarlyDay to Midday 5% every two weeks

Its been a month since I've got the nano. Only settings I've bumped so far
Sunrise -10, 25, 25
Eday to Mday -35, 43, 43
Mday to Lday -15, 25, 25
Lunar-0, 8, 8

This is the schedule i started off with

Attachments

• 1zdnpdg-1.jpg
    1zdnpdg-1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 528

stooops718

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey Chris- My lights have yet to reach 50% since they are sitting half the height of yours. I've been bumping up EarlyDay to Midday 5% every two weeks

Its been a month since I've got the nano. Only settings I've bumped so far
Sunrise -10, 25, 25
Eday to Mday -35, 43, 43
Mday to Lday -15, 25, 25
Lunar-0, 8, 8

This is the schedule i started off with

LOL. That's the same schedule I am using. I am afraid of going any higher that 35%. Most people who use AI Nano's don't have them as close to the water line as us. They usually have them mounted 6"-12" inches above the tank.

No negative affects past the 30% mark?

Ole Pukey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I actually bump up the lights on Friday and i get to observe them over the weekend. I usually see the immediate growth in the LPS and softies.

You're def gonna have to increase your intensity... the AI stat sheet shows their light sitting 4" above and coverage depth is 15" i would think they would be running at 100%. Of course I'm not telling you to run it at 100 but start increasing part of the schedule day for a couple of hours. Usually zoas are good at telling you if you need more light

stooops718

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I actually bump up the lights on Friday and i get to observe them over the weekend. I usually see the immediate growth in the LPS and softies.

You're def gonna have to increase your intensity... the AI stat sheet shows their light sitting 4" above and coverage depth is 15" i would think they would be running at 100%. Of course I'm not telling you to run it at 100 but start increasing part of the schedule day for a couple of hours. Usually zoas are good at telling you if you need more light

Thanks for the advice.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Hey welcome to the 12g long club.
I just did the same.
I just tore down my edge last week and had all livetock in store at the 5g sump for the 12g long until I get the drive to start the build.
Got all materials in but I just wasn't feeling in the mood to start filling the 12g.:tired:
Well I actually started the stand, and lining in the pump and controllers. The plumbing and tank placement is still pending though.

Ole Pukey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks Jeff. Yeah it was nice starting with the 6 but it has its limitations which you've experienced first hand. I plan to move everything over this weekend... hope the transition goes smoothly.

Btw your edge came out great very nice growth... you def have any eye for nano tanks. Good luck w your move

Ole Pukey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Not sure if I'm ready for a sump yet... i kinda like how i have it setup but I'm thinking ill probably need a skimmer. i'll let you know by this weekend.

Hows your ric-yuma doing? Did you ever dip it?

Attachments

• photo copy 22.jpg
    photo copy 22.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 197

stooops718

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sounds good.

Yea I got lugols, but neither of them made it. I spotted some really small yellowish white worms crawling out of it at night before I got the dip. Any thoughts of if these could be what killed it?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: