• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

TopCat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Hi Guys,

I just set up a 14 gallon Biocube on my office desk. I want to add Hydor Koralia Nano Circulation Pump, but i'm not sure if i should go with 249 or 425gph. Which one should I go for? I plan on having fishes with soft easy corals. I put in some LR, but I have no idea how many lbs i put in :(

Attachments

• IMAG0198.jpg
    IMAG0198.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 3,037

raidernation

JUST REEF BABY!
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
this a nano how does this belong some where else? people aint got nothin to do!

i got this tank and i feel the stock pump provides enough flow with a extended lock line. im saying this cause i put a mp10 on it and dont even use it cause it causes to much flow to the point that at low speed the water is circulating so much it evaporates much faster. it creates a little wave ware it hits the top plastic black brace and it leaks to the outside so i have to top off more often. but you be the judge... oh yeah i feel sorry for you cause ive had mine for 1 1/2 years and jumped to a 57 gallon that i broke 3 days ago. im so hooked i got a replacement 57 today and loving every minute. but my small mistakes have created the biggest damage, but never the less i love my bio

TopCat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I'm gonna go with the 240 gph koralia nano i guess. I have it cycling right now with the stock pump but it's not hitting the bottom. Guess the 240 can be use for that.

I just started in the saltwater hobby not long ago too. I started with 55 gallon, cycled it and had some fishes in it for 6 week, upgraded to 75 gallon, which wasnt drilled. So i got rid of it for another 75 gallon with two holes drilled, but the stand I bought doesnt fit well with the 29 gallon sump i wanna use. So now i'm looking to lose the set and go for 90 RR with stand good for the 29 gallon sump, lol. During this process, i just couldnt wait, so I went to get the 14 gallon BC for office, puahaha

Coralreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 14 gallon Biocube is cool. I have one and have had success with it for two years now. The only think I did was removed the hood and added a LED pendant, and replaced the bio balls with live rock.
I also used the Koralia 240 power head to add flow for my corals. You will be very happy with it.
I have Acropora, zoanthids, mushrooms, pyrites, star polyps, leathers and 3 Tridacna Clams in the Biocube.
Enjoy it!

TopCat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
My stock, Oceanic return pump, have a tear in the wiring and started smoking when it touches water. So now i'm thinking about replacing it with MaxiJet 900.

Question: Do I really the Koralia nano 240, because the stock pump is only 137 gph powerhead, the MJ 900 powerhead is 230 gph.

Coralreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I don't like the Maxi jet power heads because of the strong laminar flow from them. The Koralia's are better suited, especially, for a small aquarium like the biocube14gal. The reason for this is that it produces a flow out of a larger area than that of the MJ's distributing flow to a greater area within your tank, and causing less of a problem with the smaller diameter flow knocking over corals and inhibiting the polyps from opening fully.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: