• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

spiz641

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks .. its still coming along great my Torch Coral is growing like crazy had to move it up top on a Rock an the rest down low ... Thinking about a Kessil 350 upgrade soon IDK yet but so far the 150 has been good.

Ligershark

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Looks good. I currently have a 10k on my 20 high. Your tank looks very blue, did you have an actinic or any blue supplement on while you were recording that video or is that strictly the kessil 15k?

spiz641

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats just the 15K i wish i had more white .. Im thinking of adding a 10K or switch to the A350 so i can control the color more .. Not sure yet what i wanna do

spiz641

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your 10k ... yea so far all my Corals an Fish love my 15K i just want little more white to the mix. My torch loves the light had to move it up top, its has tripled in size in only a few weeks

Ligershark

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
How do you like your 10k ... yea so far all my Corals an Fish love my 15K i just want little more white to the mix. My torch loves the light had to move it up top, its has tripled in size in only a few weeks

Years ago I had a coralife aqualight advanced fixture that had 2 150w HQI metal halide lights at 20k. I loved that color temperature. That light was not nearly as blue as the 15k and 20k led lights I see out now.

I am happy with the 10k, but enjoy the light when i add my old power compact actinic fixture to accent the kessil. I think I need a 12k-13kish led light color (which would point to the tuna) but I read somewhere a controllable/dimmable kessil will be out in the future, just how near in the future is what I'm waiting to hear.

spiz641

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I feel the same way kinda want the Tuna so i can pick little more White over blue.. The Blue is awesome with the Corals but i feel it hides the Beauty of the Rocks and kinda with the Fish.... So im stuck too spend the 264 add a 10K with the 15K Or sell me 15K make back some money i spend on the Tuna .... lol

spiz641

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid 264 for the kessil pretty standard pricing all around for them and like 30 for the Clamp. I'm really happy with the Kessil have no complaints at all everything has been growing like crazy. Only reason I'm thinking about the A350 Tuna is so that i can play with the colors more an tune it to what looks best. If you can afford the Tuna go for it i would say or if not the A150 is awesome i have 15K it has a lot of blue to it but less then my video looks the camera shows more blue then the eyes for some reason.
Or You might see my a150 up in the Marketplace soon for a steal lol im thinking if i should order the the A350 or not :)

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I paid 264 for the kessil pretty standard pricing all around for them and like 30 for the Clamp. I'm really happy with the Kessil have no complaints at all everything has been growing like crazy. Only reason I'm thinking about the A350 Tuna is so that i can play with the colors more an tune it to what looks best. If you can afford the Tuna go for it i would say or if not the A150 is awesome i have 15K it has a lot of blue to it but less then my video looks the camera shows more blue then the eyes for some reason.
Or You might see my a150 up in the Marketplace soon for a steal lol im thinking if i should order the the A350 or not :)

Nice I will be looing out on marketplace :)

Can you post a picture of how the light looks hanging on the tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: