• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Fgtank

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing a120gal. Reef tank thinking of a40 gal. Sump. I am looking at the reef octopus,bubble Magnus,and eshopps 300 skimmers any suggestions. Also the sump is in the room below the tank, the pump will have to return the water 10 feet up.any ideas on a pump or pumps for this, submersible or external? How about uv lights, some use some don't, some keep them on 12hrs,any thoughts? Thanks so much.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
a 40g sump would be ok on this size tank. i ran one on my 120 with no issues last year before broke down. if you can swing it i like the reef octo skimmers, a few itechs for sale here-they are said to be very good as well. never had a bubble magnus or eshopps but if you check in equip section here youll get the answers you need onthem.
just a though, if you are putting sump in basement and plumbing it up to tank can you do a bigger sump? if so i would take advantage of the space. i think and external pump like a blue line 55 or similar would be good as you will keep space in sump and have enough pump for your needs and still be able to set up a manifold if you desire with minimal heat added to sump/dt. Cant comment on uv light. good luck. check out thirty5 tank thread, he has a nice sump set up in his basement and plumbed it to his display tank upstairs in his home.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: