reefhunter1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to start a 7 gal nano. I would like to get a AGA minibow but what I want to do is a small reef with about 2 fish and a cleanup crew. Before you start flaming me I have done searches but didn't find much. Maybe I'm putting in the wrong thing...anyway. So what fish, I am guessing clownfish and how much of a cleanup crew? I would really like the help. I also have questions on equipment but I'll try doing more searches before I start asking.

Thanks.

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is the nano forum, but if this is your first ever saltwater tank, I would persuade you from doing it nano. All variables are less forgiving with that small volume of water, and you will be out of this hobby before you know it.

Have you considered going up in size to, say, 40 gal?

reefhunter1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point, I have done salt water before though. I do have a 30 gal, would that be easier? I still want to do a small reef, how many fish will I be able to add in one that big?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 7 gal bow and have 2 domino damsels in it. there used to be a mantis shrimp, but he is mia, probably dead. unfortuantely. They seem to do okay.

right now the tank has 6' hair algea covering everything. Once i verify my manits is indeed passed on to that great ocean in the sky, I will pull the rocks and scrubb them down. Esentially starting over.

Single fish that would do good in your tank include any of the small fish-
firefish, gobies, dotybacks... a single clown (but why would you)

for a cleanup crew one or two astrea snails, one or two small hermits, and whatever else comes on the live rock.

hth
brett

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: