Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just set up a 6 gallon nano. Everything seems to be going really well. I was thinking of adding a fish. I was thinking of a goby or a small hawkfish. She was thinking of a clownfish because they are cuddly. How do I talk her out of it?

wombat1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sir, I think you should immediately leave this message board. There is no room for idiotic bufoons here, especially ones as ugly as you probably are. I hope your 6 gallon tank leaks and everything dies.

PS Don't worry, folks, bleeding blue is my boss :wink: :wink: :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesus Christ, wombat! You had me going there. :lol:

Just tell your boss, if s/he wants to nano, go talk to the Undisputed KING of Nano, brandon429.

Ya got me good ya did. :lol:

wombat1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, I'll repeat everything here that I told you in person (he's a bit hard headed). I think 2 small clowns would be OK in your nano but they would probably have to be moved eventually. Hawks tend to sit on corals which might be a problem in a tank where there aren't many perching spots. A goby would be ideal, and you could easily get a pair. I know you desperately want my firefish, but you'll never get it. :twisted: :twisted:

If anyone wants to see Mike's tank, they can see it in the link to my 6 gallon tank below in my signature. I just have one more imporatnt question for you Mike: Do you like....?

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking for the first five seconds, Umm, Wombat we need to welcome this poster in some fashion while we attempt to resuscitate him!

That one got me incredibly good, Im completely taken :) gullible to the bone.

two spelling concerns here today: resuscitate? gulli (a) ble? help SeaMaiden!!

B

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wombat, you should get out of Davis, the middle of nowhere, for a while. Go to the wine country for a weekend and come back on Monday to drill a small hole in your boss' tank.

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, Bleeding Blue, Welcome to RDO. If we can make your stay more enjoyable, please check the "library" link above to research for archives on nano tanks. Although not all topics are covered in there, but you can always fire Wombat if he cannot come up with answers to your satisfactory.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks to you Sir, with that link I was able to conclude both items were spelled correctly! :)

Its good to see some Jest in you Matt :0 it will keep us on our toes. If you are mopping floors tomorrow instead of working on your various nanos, just remember there's always an edit key hence no proof anything was said unless the mods have some "potentially evil" ability to resurrect original posts. :twisted:

If so, please do not use this on me, I yield/
Bman

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay people lets talk $$ here. you ship me the old files via ftp, I ship you some paypal credit and lets forget about this whole thing.

B

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know Bleeding Blue, we usually stay on topic better in these information forums... I have been hanging out in an area called the sump and have caught something. It will subside soon, then I'll go back, you know that round and round thing.

Maybe you could mention that two clown will require a couple hosts, and if they choose some of your prized corals, it may not work out. Housing an anemone large enough to host a clown (although not impossible) puts additional bioload on the system and sets the stage for algae probs, then you factor in another for the pair... yeah this is weighting it a little but you were asking how to convince her otherwise.

Welcome to the site, if you stay awhile you'll find a fun topic soon enough.

Brandon

SM really I never thought of that. 8O !

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not my normal mode of thought, but lately I've seen things that give me pause.

wombat1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to say I'm still employed. Although, if he did fire me I still have my bartending job :D Mike, I just thought of another great fish you might like: a 6 lined wrasse is completely reef safe and I think they stay small enough for your 6 gallon. That very small dwarf angel (I forget the name) would be great too. Some consider centropyge angels to be somewhat not reef safe, but IME they only occasionally pick at stony corals and clams. Since you don't plan on keeping anything but softies, I think you'd be OK.

skipm

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also add a couple of clown gobies in such a tank, they stay relatively small and are quite cute. Another plus is that they are not a very expesive fish.

UnderGrad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike,
If you ever get around to firing Matt... I'll take his place! I wouldn't mind getting paid to play with fish tanks!
Maybe you should consider getting some type of angler. I think I remember Matt mentioning something about types of anglers that stay small enough for a tank your size. Don't give in to the pressure and get clowns... you guys already have some to look at in the big tank on the first floor. See you around.

Arlan

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: