• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning to get a PC unit for a 29 gallon tank. The highest wattage I can find is 55 watts. What can I have under this. Would hairy mushrooms or anemones like bubble tips work?

wombat1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could easily keep mushrooms and probably just about any soft coral as well. Assuming all the other parameters are OK I think you could even keep stony corals close to the light.

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think 2 of the same fixture would be better? The only reason I am hesitant is that I am limited in space on the canopy. As far as keeping organisms goes, how much of a difference does 110 watts make from 55?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would definitely be better. You can add two different kind of lights (I'd suggest a 6500K and an actinic, but that's just my personal preference) rather than just one color, and you will be able to place your corals just about anywhere in the tank. The price will be a bit less if you buy a dual ballast now rather than buying a second single ballast if you decide to upgrade later.

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
110 w makes a huge difference from 55 w. Not only will 110w be much brighter, but it will also give you the versitility to run a blue light. I would tend to try and go with two 55w. Also, dimensions of your tank withstanding, I think the powerquad a good deal, and might make your life easy. :lol:

http://www.hellolights.com/201xcoaqpcho.html

Mike

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: