A

Anonymous

Freshly setup 5g minibow, jbj clamp on 18w 50/50 with a 13w 6700k reading light.

scwd on a maxijet 1200 closed loop returns on both sides of back, upper corners, crappy hang on filter on side of tank.

Current contents

Green acro gobie, Catalina gobie, trumpets, gsp, green ricorida, green zoos, green pipeorgan, misc brown lps from rock, 1 hermit, 1 nass..

5g pics are top 5, rest are from the 75g

http://216.130.145.21/pics/april-2003/a ... index.html

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tanks, and some beautiful pics. Make sure you keep that JBJ 18 watt conected to a surge protector. Mine melted and litterly blew up yesterday. Just a word of warning. Anyway, Nice tanks.

Diane_B

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really nice tank, but that catalina goby won't make it through the summer without a chiller. They are beautiful, but oh so picky about cool waters.

Diane_B 8)

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just posted the other day in DanConnor's thread about these bowfronts being my favorite current nano tank---the frontal viewing area is greatly amplified in the 5's and 7's and they hypnotize you to look at them. I kept staring at that one particular specimen Megadeth, the red convoluted one in the front appears to be a red blastomussa? maybe not, but it is very deeply colored and looks like one from the far away angle. Ill go check your page link and look for details...I have a 75 too but mine is planted. Have it running for 6 years straight now, dont have the heart to convert it so Ill stick with the nanos as the pocketbook permits.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's already been summer here in atlanta once, but back in a cold spell again. I've got central air, so the room temp never gets above 70, my electric bill goes WAY up though, shouldnt need a chiller on the tank, my 75g does have a chiller though, the sump is in the garage, and the garage hits 90+ durring the summer.

L8r mega

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, did I mention how much I LOVE the SCWD? I dont think I would ever do a small reef without one, every 15 seconds the current alternates to the other direction, I think the maxijet 1200 is a perfect match for the scwd on the 5g, could use a tad more flow in the back part of the rocks, but it's suficient now.

I may put a skimmer on the tank, I have it setup so I can switch to a sump by flipping the closed loop intake around, turning it into a slotted overflow I prefer using a skimmer for safety's sake, but I dont have a small one, I wanted KISS, so only closed loop for now with carbon in the hang on, I may revisit this later and sump with a bakpak or similar skimer.

The orange coral in the 75 is a Lobophyllia I believe, it's identical shape/size to the more common red/green ones, but a nice orange color, lfs had a couple of them, I grabbed it the day it came in, it was hurting bad, but has recovered nicely, i'm still on the lookout for a nice yellow one, I've seen them before, but not so common.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: