reefrancher

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's everyone doing for additives?

For food I'm using Kent Zooplex. I have a clown gobie. I also give him little bit of a frozen mush I made consisting of brine, mysis, and cyclopeze. When I say little I mean like 4 to 6 visible morsels of brine, etc.

For calcium/alkalinity I'm using 12 drops a day of Kent Liquid Reactor.

Steve

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use C-Balance for Ca+, Alk--Dt's for the filter feeders, and HBJ Frog Pellets for delivering protein to the various inverts. Dt's is a fairly homogenous suspension of phytoplankton in terms of size and strain, so Id be open to trying other additives like the Phytoplex or Marine Snow, anything that has varying sizes of organisms. Id do it just for a change to see if it supported any other growths better than Dt's... what do you notice about Kent Liquid Reactor when you test for carbonate alkalinity and calcium ion separately? if these two measures stay in the right balance with just one additive, Id be willing to try that too. CaribSea has something along the same lines with its Aragamax and Aragamilk, but there has been some concern over the dissolution affinities of these all-in-one calcium and alkalinity supports. It would be neat if some company finds a way to combine these chemically attracted ions in a way that reduces or weakens the precipitation potential.

Brandon

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: