danscott

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reef keeping for several years and would like to try a nano. What else do I need with the 12 Gallon Nano Cube? Do I need to buy a mini skimmer (I see aqua remora has one), and I know I will need some small power heads. But what else? Besides the live rock/sand ect. Do the fans in the nano cube keep the it cool enough, or will I need some sort of suplemental cooling?

Thanks for the advice.

Dan

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not entirely familiar with the current deluxe nanocubes, but I bought a regular nanocube when they first came out. I ended up doing a few modifications which I believe are now standard on the tank. Aside from those all I did was replace the pump with a better brand, and added a mini-jet 404 to the left side of the tank. I put a small heater in the back, and replaced the sponges and media with rubble, chemi pure, and purigen. The tank has been running over 2 years without a problem. Now that there are a couple nano skimmers out I would consider getting one of those if it fits nicely. It is not necessary, but would definitely help. I would try using just the stock fans at first, then if you notice the temp staying too high you can add more. It will depend on the lights and the location of your tank, so it is impossible to know right now. What do you want to stock in this tank? If your plans are on the heavier side, or if you don't like to do weekly water changes, I would get a skimmer. Other than that you would probably be fine without one, and could always add one later if needed. HTH

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: