A

Anonymous

. . . and first tank in five years or so. It's a little weird since I've always upgraded to bigger tanks. Anyway, I got a call that a freind had a (almost) new BioCube 14g for pretty much no money so i jumped at it. I've been itching to start a tank again anyway.

1edd24c53eef752d66a23c2f98086966_zps06050efd.jpg

Details on the build coming soon. :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks Wazz, I'll check it out.

I had a stand delivered the other day but it was in bad shape. I have a replacement coming today. Hoping it's Ok but I have a feeling it's going to be junk too.

Anyway I am going to go pickup live rock tomorrow and start the process of cycling the tank. Right now the BioCube is stock except I threw out the bioballs and instead will use LR in its place. Once it's cycles I'll introduce some soft corals and build from there. The goal is to have two or three small fish when this thing is humming along.

Today my Reefkeeper Lite will be delivered so I'm looking forward to setting that up. Does anybody know if there is an iPhone app for the Lite?

I'm already planning a larger tank. The sickness never goes away.

A

Anonymous

For the stand could you use any kind of table?

I know what you mean about the sickness. My tank is going to be SPS/Acan only. Kids really want clowns and anemone so I got that kicking around in the back of my head for possibily down the road.

A

Anonymous

I probably will find another table if the stand that comes in today is in bad shape. I have a nice looking nightstand that is perfect for the tank but it's a bit flimsy. I can beef it up I guess. I need to get water in it today.

A

Anonymous

This weekend I got 20lbs of LR and LR rubble for the filter plus 20lbs of "live" sand. I have the tank sitting on a biocube stand. It's not exactly what I wanted but it works and it is pretty sturdy. I got the Reeffkeeper Lite hooked up. Right now there is a PH probe and a temp probe. I still need to program the unit for a schedule and alarms. Next purchase is the net module so I can keep tabs on the tank from anywhere. Awesome unit so far. I also used a refractometer for the first time. Why did I wait so long to buy one? :)

A

Anonymous

Final rock work.

e435e61ac94e33e65f76385cfaf496fe_zps75798786.jpg

Ammonia is starting to creep up. It's on!

A

Anonymous

It looks like your green hair algae farm is off to a good start. It should be completely covered in GHA and cyno in a couple of months. :P

A

Anonymous

Louey":1gms1gfe said:
It looks like your green hair algae farm is off to a good start. It should be completely covered in GHA and cyno in a couple of months. :P
HAHAHAHAHA......

A

Anonymous

Robo Tank will suffer no such thing. Good thing about a small tank is I can throw the whole damn thing out in about 20 minutes. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Tank cycled. Brown algae galore right now. Time for a cleaner crew.

A

Anonymous

Yes but this is why I bought a tank that will fit in an average size garbage bag. :)

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ace its amazing

color pop is like this

superclean little tank building

scroll

gets a little more color/substrate looks clean not a spot of anything, currently cycling

then

bam~coral pop it looks great and much bigger than it is in reality

hey that blue coral on top, is it efflato

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So right now we are dealing with a bit of a bubble algae problem along with some hair algae. Corals are doing great and I now have a wave maker powerhead and added a small skimmer. There is a mystery going on. I've lost two cardinals in this tank and I can't find them anywhere. No weird spikes so I don't think they're in the tank plus it's a small tank and we've moved stuff around for cleaning. A couple of hungy corals? Not a coral guy so I am stumped.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see I'm two mos off again

Space if you get a chance I wanted to offer something for your algae, regarding the cardinals I can't be sure. But for the algae, I am lol

Four years of hard work

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... ?t=2082359
I'm linking because that happens to be where the repository of peroxide work is located. Wish it was here ~
Read just the last 15 pages its enough w pics

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: