ZanaZoola14

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am looking to set up a 35 gallon, 140ltr tank. (length x width x height Inches — 36x15x15, cm — 90x40x40 approx)
This tank is pre-drilled for a sump, and I have a space below the tank (inches — 30x17x24, cm — 76x45x60), to include the sump, ato and anything else that might be needed/recommended.

This would be with a sand bed of at least two inches of live sand (any deeper bottom layers being dry sand), and a mixture between dry and wet live rock initially. Any corals for the tank are likely to just be zoes and softies, like my 9 gallon, 35ltr, tank.

I currently breed a lot of livefood, both for my smaller tank and for my freshwater tanks I have. These include daphnia, grindle worms, vinegar eels, microworms, bbs, and looking to set up a tank for copepods as well.

I make my own saltwater as I have an RO/DI unit.

I am wondering what would be suitable for this tank? Especially considering I am still reasonably new to keeping saltwater tanks.

The only ones for sure are
1x Cleaner Shrimp (the reason I wanted a saltwater tank since I first saw one as a kid)
1x Royal Gramma (the condition of getting help moving the tank around and setting it up (still like them, so no issue for me))

Possibilities I am thinking of
1x Goby/Shrimp pair
1x Jawfish

Fish that I know I am not interested in, no matter how many have tried to persuade me otherwise.
Clownfish

Any help would be greatly appreciated, whether that be about the stockings, or maybe even what rock amount or preferred sands.
Thanks

rongy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider wrasses if you feed live food often, but avoid six line if you want to keep multiple wrasses.
Consider lawnmower blenny for algae control, and you can also keep diamond goby for sand sifting.

For the sand, I would say 1inch thick is enough, and 1pound live rock per gallon is the advice (though, I only have about about 30pound for my 65gal)

ZanaZoola14

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider wrasses if you feed live food often, but avoid six line if you want to keep multiple wrasses.
Consider lawnmower blenny for algae control, and you can also keep diamond goby for sand sifting.

For the sand, I would say 1inch thick is enough, and 1pound live rock per gallon is the advice (though, I only have about about 30pound for my 65gal)
I currently feed live every other day, with frozen in the days between (as my peppermint doesn't want to bbs only adult bs), but could easily move towards daily (or multiple per day) live feedings.

Great, thank you. Will add those to my possibilities list.

Alright, thanks. I was also thinking more because of the possibility of a jawfish, but I guess if no jawfish, then no need for the bed to be do deep.
So around 0.5 to 1 pound of rock per gallon.

Thank you for your reply, suggestions and help!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: