Status
Not open for further replies.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I have 2 Koi fish that are approximately 8" or bigger. They are fat and healthy. My pond is just too small so this is my last year of stocking it with koi. Looking for them to go to a bigger home.

Free. If no one wants them, I will be donating them to my local fish store.

Located in Hicksville Long Island.

P.S. - If anyone knows of anyone that can help me build a bigger pond for a reasonable price, please let me know. The quotes I have been getting is 15k and higher..that's more than installing Central air :)
If I can do an 8x10 pond, that would be ideal.

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I have 2 Koi fish that are approximately 8" or bigger. They are fat and healthy. My pond is just too small so this is my last year of stocking it with koi. Looking for them to go to a bigger home.

Free. If no one wants them, I will be donating them to my local fish store.

Located in Hicksville Long Island.

P.S. - If anyone knows of anyone that can help me build a bigger pond for a reasonable price, please let me know. The quotes I have been getting is 15k and higher..that's more than installing Central air :)
If I can do an 8x10 pond, that would be ideal.
Wow those are insane prices, I’m thinking about building a pond myself and digging it out by hand. Pond liners aren’t that expensive at all

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
My new home came with a ~1 acre bass filled pond… had to fence it in for safety of grandkids. Now I’m looking at building a dock and getting a motorized row boat … probably too expensive to convert it to Salt water!
:)
1651426223399.jpeg

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
My new home came with a ~1 acre bass filled pond… had to fence it in for safety of grandkids. Now I’m looking at building a dock and getting a motorized row boat … probably too expensive to convert it to Salt water!
:)
View attachment 318527
Looks beautiful, I’m sure it’s very serene. My father in law has the same type of thing but it’s filled with vegetation at that bottom.

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Yea man. I’ve been thinking of doing the same. The most expensive piece is the filter.

I got quotes as high as 25k :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much are the filter price outs? I was assuming the big stone around the pound and waterfall was probably the most expensive part

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I’ve had a few people say the filters can be upwards of 5k. I guess it depends on how stocked you want to be and the size. There are lots of DIY filters on YouTube that I’ve been looking at as well.

I’m just nervous to start a project that I may not be able to finish lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Nice
My son works in New Paltz and lives in Walden
We was thinking about buying property up there too
Would love to find something like you did!
Found it on Zillow… great area to be, much better for my grandkids, only 30 minutes from Westchester. About 1 hour north of NYC… twice the space, 3x the property, and LESS taxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: