bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
The project that I am working on is coming to a close and I am looking for a new gig. I have over 20 years of experience in business/data analysis, business process re-engineering with MS Office automation using VB/VBA and custom software development in the financial services arena. I possess a solid record of ten years of project management in delivering timely, quality software and I have managed groups as large as 23 people while at KPMG. I am an independent consultant with Big 4 experience who can offer many years of IT and business knowledge to Financial Services firms seeking to evaluate, implement or integrate trading systems, data warehouses, ETL schemes, market data and compliance software. PM me if you know of anything, e-mail me at [email protected] or call me on my cell at (718) 309-6159. Thx.

- Eric

Last edited:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
hey yank, i got this posting off of doostang.com. if you want to. join, lmk and i'll send u an invite. good luck.

BONOBOS
Director of Technology
Bonobos is creating a transformative men’s brand in two ways: awesome products and awesome technology. Up to this point, we’ve been outsourcing our technology and development work. We are now ready to hire an in-house technologist onto our Manhattan team to lead development at Bonobos.
We are seeking you, our new Director of Technology. You are one part web developer/programmer and one part product manager. You will work directly with our leadership team to make the internet’s first premium men’s brand come to life.
Why technology at Bonobos?
We don’t think that men like shopping. So we’re building a technology-enabled men’s brand that keeps our customers out of retail stores. Our company makes revolutionary trousers we call Bonobos. You browse and buy online, take advantage of our flexible return and exchange policies, and enjoy the best-fitting pair of men’s pants imaginable.
We hope you get excited when you think about using technology to innovate in a stagnant category. The bricks and mortar retail shopping experience is designed for women. Men suffer through it because they don’t have a choice. Bonobos is ready to provide an alternative.
What do we mean by a technology-enabled, premium men’s brand? Right now we are building a platform with highly personalized service, individualized direct marketing, a web-enabled sales force, automated exchanges/returns, best-in-class product search and checkout, community/brand engagement, and a visually appealing e-commerce experience. Down the road we envision personalized web stores, ripping the retail mark-up out of dozens of premium categories, 100% homemade user-generated advertising, and the end of men’s retail as we know it. Are you ready?
What you will do at Bonobos
We anticipate that you will spend about 30% of your time writing code yourself, and 70% of your time serving as a product manager where you will hire and manage outside developers to do the coding and programming. Of course, as a base line, you will run computing, web-hosting, and IT at Bonobos – a non-trivial set of tasks as we scale our team, our web traffic, and our sales volume.
Web development - basics. You will need a core set of skills: HTML, database design (MySQL), and module installation. With this basic backbone of capabilities you can update our website and install new applications. You will be fluent across a range of technology platforms, and responsible for all the basic front-end and back-end requirements of www.bonobos.com.
Web development – advanced. You also need to be a domain expert in one of the two major programs that we use. You need to be a ninja at one of them so that we don’t have to hire outsourced developers across both:
• X-cart – PHP-based shopping cart (our e-commerce platform)
• Salesforce.com – CRM (our customer service, direct marketing, and sales force platform)
Product management. The vast majority of your work at Bonobos will be hiring developers to build stuff. Many of these will be overseas resources. You can spec out projects in your sleep, have experience hiring wherever there are competent folks, and you know how to mix the unique cocktail of recognition and compensation that motivates talented developers. You’ve worked on projects across a range of platforms. You’ve demonstrated the ability to accurately estimate how long something takes, and to get a lot done in a fast and enterprising way. You now how to negotiate with talent. You have relationships already with coders of all stripes and you can run a tight ship of your virtual technology team from our Manhattan HQ. Your work at Bonobos will entail you motivating dozens of programmers across hundreds of projects. While your web development skills are prerequisite, it is in your role as a technical product manager where you will excel and shine.
The ideal candidate is…
wicked smart - when people see Good Will Hunting, they think of you
fearless - where other see ‘impossible,’ you say, ‘that’s hard, might take me a while, but there’s a way’
humble - you know Terrell Owens’s talent is worthless without Ryne Sandberg’s respect for the game
compassionate - you can get inside people’s hearts and minds – you are a pleasure to work with
talented - you’ll be responsible for the back-end AND the UI… sound hard? it will be
a terrific listener - it’s a requirement for being successful at Bonobos, no exceptions
aesthetically gifted – you are going to own the website for a lifestyle company… you’ll need a good eye
perfectionist - steel trap memory, detail orientation, duh
Who you are
We don’t create specific requirements, because we might miss a gem. We hire great talent, not rote experience. You came from somewhere though. Here are some ideas on where you came from:
• You graduated six years ago with a CS degree. You’ve spent some time as a programmer and you like to tinker. But you’re bored out of your gourd in your current role as a product manager.
• You are an exceptional coder with strong interpersonal skills – and you’ve grown tired of just straight coding. You’re too entrepreneurial and personable to be happy coding all the time.
• You are a product and project manager. What Beethoven is to a piano you are to managing developers and engineers. You mess around on your own projects, but your bread and butter is managing, hiring, and inspiring others to do exceptional work.
• You are a total rock star at one of our core tools (salesforce.com or x-cart). Plain and simple. You are so good at one of these platforms that we know you will learn to excel at everything else.
• You are about to graduate with a CS degree from a top university, or just did. You blog about technology. You write code. You have a sparkling personality and have inspired your friends to build stuff. You have technological prowess but not a lot of proven experience. Yet.
How to apply:
Email us at jobs@... with two things. In the subject line write ‘Director of Technology – Your Name.’ In the body of the email, do two things:
1. Attach your resume in PDF format.
2. Send us an annotated, clickable set of links to your best online work. You must have samples of awesome work to be granted a phone interview. We are looking to hire someone with experience building stuff or someone who tinkers a lot. Either way, you need sample links.

Job Type: Full Time
Years of Experience: Unspecified
Degree Required: Bachelors
Industry: Technology

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
also from doostang.

Business Developer – Senior Associate
Large International Bank seeking a Business Developer for their NY office. Looking for 3+ years of technical experience with a focus in VB.Net, SQL Server, Oracle, Oracle GL, ETL Tools.
REPORTS TO: VP – Development Manager
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Analyst is responsible for the following tasks:
? Datawarehouse Development: Assist in the development, the testing and the innovative means of gathering and importing of data into the datawarehouse in such a way that the information contained within it can be meaningful and accessible to all users. Provide ongoing support for ETL initiatives and support Oracle data warehouse.
? Development: Assist in the in-house software development base on VB.Net, other software tools and the SQL Server. This software development task should serve all departments within the New York office.
? Project Methodology: Assist in the documentation of projects in accordance with standard project methodology.
? Interface with Business department IT Coordinators to assist with business needs and provide support where necessary.
? Represent project visibility before a Project Management Committee assisting the business support services team in scoping, sizing and tracking assigned projects.
QUALIFICATIONS:
? He/she must have technical training and experience in the area of databases and development tools.
? This position requires a minimum of 3 years of technical experience. Financial/Banking specific exposure is a big plus
? This function requires a thorough knowledge of database concepts, database management and administration, software development and project management. VB.Net, SQL Server, Oracle, Oracle GL, ETL Tools
? This function requires well developed interpersonal skills as he/she will interact with all departments.
? The function requires a fair amount of critical thinking in order to make the decision making process more efficient

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
last one from doostang.

Mid Town
Fulltime
Finance experience (exposure to Equity, Fixed Income, Currency, Comdty markets) in trading, risk, operations, or research. Understanding of valuation models is a huge plus.
* Very strong C# and C++ experience (roles for server-side and client-side developers)
* Database knowledge (SQL Server, Oracle, or Sybase) -- strong command of SQL
* Sense of data accuracy. Don't want folks who just implement equations with no sense of what they do.
Extra credit for:
* Knowledge of the Citco/Aexeo platform
* Exposure to risk management
* Exposure to trading system development (FIX protocol, algorithmic trading packages, ...)
* Experience with analytics packages (Fincad, numerical recipes, IMSL, Matlab)
* Experience developing a security master database
* Experience with real-time and historical market data technologies (Reuters, Bloomberg, Market QA, Fame, ...)

Job Type: Full Time
Years of Experience: Unspecified
Degree Required: Bachelors
Industry: Finance & Investment / Technology

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
i just realized that there isn't any contact info for these posts... lol.

i guess you can only apply after joining doostang.com directly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: