RasBobre

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, no flaming. But I personally think that the RC site is getting a bit annoying. I need good informative information. I have been following a few threads, but I am getting a bit tired of the "lol's" and the 1:1 posts that should be handled through the PM tabs.

Anybody else feel that way?

yoshiod9

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't think that things are out of control. i find that it is good to know that you're actually talking to real people and not robots. :D i'm probably one of the types of people that annoy you on rc, huh (i'm notorious for using 'lol')? not that i mind, we all have our opinions.

"I need good informative information."

are you saying that the mars forum doesn't provide you with useful, informative answers to all your questions? if you don't get your question answered...try another forum, silly! i wouldn't trust just one small group of people to facilitate a decent answer...heck, some of the reefers there i wouldn't entirely trust in certain situations (rich, for example...probably knows a lot about certain corals and things relevant to larger tanks...but to put a [i believe they were] maroon clown and a tomato clown together in the same tank and expect them to get along?...the idea is laughable! When i read about that in the newsletter i just about wet myself! that, i'm sure, was an isolated incident due to bad judgement[it better have been mr. president!] but there are many reefers whom are new to reefkeeping or just are not entirely knowledgeable that post without refrain.). personally, i would rather have it posted to the entire board and see what the consensus is. know what i'm saying?

anyway, if that's the way you truly feel rasbobre(whom i will now on refer to, lovingly, as robot), i'm sorry. you should speak up over at rc and let the members know that you think things should be a little bit more structured and professional. i hope that didn't come out like a flame! :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:lol:

You must have been drinking when you started this thread. Am I right?

ozmonster

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robert:

I understand what you mean. I am probably one of the culprits as well but i just get tired of having to clear my pm box and the sent folder. it gets filled very quickly.

Rob

thereefgeek

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, just found this thread and have to agree with Rasbobre. Too many junk posts on our other forum with people trying to push up the post count (this will be my 5th here). That senseless stuff belongs in the lounge. Seems nothing is happening there today so thought I'd pop in here at RDO for a bit (and give a shameless bump).

mn95616

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lounge in RC is the biggest waste of bandwidth. There are some mods that contribute nothing to the reefing community, and only post in the Lounge.

thereefgeek":2njxv7tj said:
WOW, just found this thread and have to agree with Rasbobre. Too many junk posts on our other forum with people trying to push up the post count (this will be my 5th here). That senseless stuff belongs in the lounge. Seems nothing is happening there today so thought I'd pop in here at RDO for a bit (and give a shameless bump).

ROWAUSA

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you forgot to mention the number of experts at RC. I might like this place. BTW, I am working on my post count with this. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a different philosophy here regarding moderating of our community. It is very very rare for someone to get banned or content deleted. Some find this less to their liking, some more.

:D :D :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just like to point out that this forum is 100% lilleahseafreak-free. :lol:

yoshiod9

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell":2c8cxt6x said:

too funny. lol. :lol:

even ras bobre got a little sly comment in there on the rc thread. tricky guy, he is. ;)

thereefgeek

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell":1x1ov3c1 said:

Shhhhh! You just jinxed it Matt. If she finds out about our little secret forum over here we're doomed :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thereefgeek":1sly8tga said:
Matt_Wandell":1sly8tga said:

Shhhhh! You just jinxed it Matt. If she finds out about our little secret forum over here we're doomed :wink:

Hey, at least it would mean someone was posting here! :D

Justin74

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should we post all our 1on1 stupid LOL stuff here instead? heheh JK,
I think I might know what you mean Ras, although I do appreciate all the senseless humor though. We all need a "lightening up" once in awhile, cuz RC does get rather intense. To intense sometimes. I feel bad for lilseafreak, and how we all ganged up on her on her thread.Granted the feelings of wanting to let her know were justifiable, the courses in action werent. And we all gathered around the noob and her mistakes and basically pummled her relentlessly. Even if the feelings were so enraging, we ALL couldve pm'd her and she would have got the same wake up call but wouldnt be afraid to show her face in public let alone a swap or meet. ]
Dont know bout you guys, but I just feel really guilty and shamefull for all of this. Im a nice guy, and I dont like to be flamed even in a PM let alone a public forum.Just trying to put the shoes on the other feet. What if I had made the same mistakes? Ive been misinturpreted alot in my life,happens to the best of us.

She started to wake up for a min there, but changing the way youve been acting is definately a learning experience and wont happen overnight..Soo,

-Justin

mn95616

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Justin,

Don't worry. If you made the same mistake, we'd jump on you too. :lol: That's what friends are for. :wink: Just teasing you.

Seriously though - I did not feel bad about my earlier posts - except for the last one.

Minh

Justin74":3h7i1gjf said:
Dont know bout you guys, but I just feel really guilty and shamefull for all of this. Im a nice guy, and I dont like to be flamed even in a PM let alone a public forum.Just trying to put the shoes on the other feet. What if I had made the same mistakes? Ive been misinturpreted alot in my life,happens to the best of us.
-Justin

TotalKhaos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been so good, Keeping out of it and trying to mind my own business than I just cant resist and do it too!

Shame on me.

You are 100% correct Justin!

thereefgeek

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guilt is a funny emotion. I can say the only thing I regret is not saying something sooner. Maybe she wouldn't have wasted so much bandwidth with all that nonsense. It's funny, but I didn't realize just how many dead end threads she had started until Sierra laid them all out (with clever subtitles) on that thread that got locked down by Agu. Most of them only had 1 reply (if any at all) an usually they were her replying to her own post. Y'know, sometimes I talk to myself without realizing it (my wife points that out to me on a regular basis), but usually I don't start up a thread every single time a new thought pops into my head.

I just can't figure where anyone would make the assumption that by joining any kind of club entitles you to all the free junk you can glom your grubby little mitts on. It's weird, because like Alex pointed out, when people come over to buy animals from my tank they always end up leaving with WAY more than they pay for. However it's just a bit off-putting when someone asks or expects you to kick down a bunch of things that took years to acquire and grow out. Only slightly rude.

By the way, she already broke her promise of taking a week off from posting anything in less than 24 hours.

No guilt here, only apathy.

TotalKhaos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize just how many dead end threads she had started until Sierra laid them all out

Oh that was only a fraction of what the search feature turned up on her... 8O

You know I didnt like her at all from the get go... She annoys me more than I annoy myself, and thats saying something.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents...

I was plenty nice, and willing to let things slide. She's young, ya know? Then the "wombat backed out" thing happened. Argh. I can't let someone disrespect me like that, intentional or not.

I really do think we should all be the bigger people and welcome her back into the fold if she is still willing to partcipate in MARS.

Matt

mn95616

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In regarding to the "she's young" comment - I personally find that as a really lame excuse. That excuse would fly with me if she was 13 years old. However, she is 19 years old. For heaven's sake, she's able to vote, sign legally binding contracts, and enjoy all the pleasures of being an adult (minus drinking). Ben (FishStix) is biologically younger than her, but much more mature. At 19, I was working, living on my own, and going to college full time.

I agree with Matt though that we should let her back if she is willing to change - and I honestly think she is trying. I think most member of this club is willing to give her a second shot. But that doesn't mean that we necessarily have to be her best friends or spend time with her. But we should be at least civil to her.

Minh

Matt_Wandell":3eq8kel5 said:
My 2 cents...

I was plenty nice, and willing to let things slide. She's young, ya know? Then the "wombat backed out" thing happened. Argh. I can't let someone disrespect me like that, intentional or not.

I really do think we should all be the bigger people and welcome her back into the fold if she is still willing to partcipate in MARS.

Matt
[/quote]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: