masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Gutsiest managerial move I've ever seen. Pinch hitting for arguably one of the greatest HR hitters ever to play the game in a playoff game in the 9th inning takes COJONES!!!

That's 2 with 9 to go!!!

LGY

R

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
My whole problem with the A-Rod disaster started when lineup cards were submit. I have had zero problem with A-Rod's defense. He's still one of the most sure handed 3rd basemen in the game. His bat is atrocious, since coming off the DL. So taking him off the field to play him as DH was exactly OPPOSITE of what I'd want to see. Obviously we have a DH so a player can bat while not playing the field. I know this isn't possible, but I'd rather see A-Rod play the field and NOT hit. So Girardi moving him to DH IMO was a HORRIBLE move. I don't understand what purpose it served. Maybe one of you baseball guru's can explain that to me.

Needless to say, Girardi was going home the hero or the goat last night. Ibanez came through in a way dreams are made. Hitting the game tying HR AND the walk-off, game winning HR was beyond anyone's wildest expectations. Unfortunately A-Rod's ego will take a hit and he can respond tonight with the same, a hit! Wouldn't that be novel. A hit from A-Rod. Sheesh, I'm not even talking about a HR or XBH, just a freakin' hit with men in scoring position. Now that could be a whole other dream :banghead:

R

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
My whole problem with the A-Rod disaster started when lineup cards were submit. I have had zero problem with A-Rod's defense. He's still one of the most sure handed 3rd basemen in the game. His bat is atrocious, since coming off the DL. So taking him off the field to play him as DH was exactly OPPOSITE of what I'd want to see. Obviously we have a DH so a player can bat while not playing the field. I know this isn't possible, but I'd rather see A-Rod play the field and NOT hit. So Girardi moving him to DH IMO was a HORRIBLE move. I don't understand what purpose it served. Maybe one of you baseball guru's can explain that to me.

Needless to say, Girardi was going home the hero or the goat last night. Ibanez came through in a way dreams are made. Hitting the game tying HR AND the walk-off, game winning HR was beyond anyone's wildest expectations. Unfortunately A-Rod's ego will take a hit and he can respond tonight with the same, a hit! Wouldn't that be novel. A hit from A-Rod. Sheesh, I'm not even talking about a HR or XBH, just a freakin' hit with men in scoring position. Now that could be a whole other dream :banghead:

R
u mean his bat is attrocious after being busted for roids. not dl

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0

R

i would think that maybe just having him hit and not play third could help him focus? crazy to think that either way for the amount of money he gets paid. He is clearly pressing at the plate which is only going to be counterproductive. Ibanez needs to be in lineup tonight in some fashion and if im Cashman, Ibanez, martin, and ichiro need to get ext. they have earned it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: