DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
best of luck, try going to housing court, we here can speculate either way, but you are better off checking the legal options that you have, and bkcuty glad you don't have it that bad, lol

Missy Johnson

Masta of Disasta
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
got home last night and the stove works, yay. thanked my new super on the way out this morning and he told me that these pipes should have been replaced 20 years ago. that made me feel great.

went down to housing court today and they told me it is a civil problem. going to talk to a civil attorney on friday to see if i can sue.

Missy Johnson

Masta of Disasta
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Okay, as if the previous problem wasn't enough...last Thursday I came home to find that my radiator had malfunctioned and cooked my entire apartment with hot steam for 1-2 days. Fire dept had to turn it off b/c you couldn't get near it. Cabinets and art falling off the walls, wine bottles opened themselves, candles melted. Luckily, no saltwater tank, but my poor goldfish more or less boiled to death. Apartment destroyed along with many of my belongings. Landlord has done NOTHING to the apartment to mitigate his or my losses, and mold is likely growing.

No, I don't have renter's insurance.

Yes, I called 311 and am familiar with small claims and housing court.

I am looking for a lawyer who specializes in suing landlords on behalf of tenants. My losses far exceed small claims and I am willing to pay the normal hourly charge for speaking with someone to get a little advice on whether or not I have a case and how it would likely pan out. Specifically, I would like to know if according to NY Real Property Law Section 234 - I am entitled to recover my attorney's fees if I bring a successful lawsuit.

Please pm or email me if you can be of assistance.

[email protected]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: