Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It has become IMPOSSIBLE to find Chloroquine Phosphate because of all of the people trying to self medicate with it. But in reading up on treating marine ich it is recommended. Anyone know where I can get some for fish use?

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I found someone close by. Driving out tomorrow to get enough to treat the entire display tank. Since it only has a half dozen frags I can move THOSE to the 10 gallon tank and in 2 weeks ich will be eradicated in the entire system. Then it is a LOT of carbon, massive water changes and reseeding the tank with copepods and any inverts that will be killed by the CP.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
An update- it worked spectacularly! I added more detail in my other discussion in the forum. All fish survived except for one chromis (probably died from something else) and after running carbon and turning skimmer back on all corals and inverts are back in the tank and everything is very happy.

Alfred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markbluereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP is used as tank cleaner. It will kill off all bacteria, algaes and any inverts.
Cp price have tripled since trumps say it cure
CP is used as tank cleaner. It will kill off all bacteria, algaes and any inverts.
Cp price have tripled since trumps say it cure Covid.
For your info Trump spoke about Hydroxychloroquine a legitimate treatment for Malaria and many other illnesses including Covid. Although not clinically proven as a therapeutic for covid yet.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
For your info Trump spoke about Hydroxychloroquine a legitimate treatment for Malaria and many other illnesses including Covid. Although not clinically proven as a therapeutic for covid yet.
Although completely off topic, considering my personal (extremely, horrifically bad) experiences with COVID I will take a moment to reply to this.

There have been several studies and papers written concerning Hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19 and every single legitimate study has conclusively shown that negative outcomes have been significantly HIGHER for COVID patients treated with it. This includes a higher rate of deaths:

Sadly, a number of people saw the name of Chloroquine Phosphate and assumed it was the same thing because the names are [barely] similar. Several were hospitalized and at least two died from taking it. Thus, the availability for legitimate purposes all but evaporated.

I cared for my mom and grandmother as they were dying from COVID. My mom survived (barely) and my grandmother, sadly, died after three horrific days of screaming. Calls to 911 resulted in a visit from FEMA where I was unofficially advised that they would be treated as DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) patients and left to die in one of the tents put up on the sidewalks/streets in front of hospitals where they may or may not get palliative care and die alone and scared.

COVID does not care about your political or religious affiliations. It is an equal opportunity killer. In short, not only has Hydroxychloroquine been "not" proven as a therapeutic, there is significant evidence based on hard numbers that it makes things worse.

Best,

Alfred

Markbluereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although completely off topic, considering my personal (extremely, horrifically bad) experiences with COVID I will take a moment to reply to this.

There have been several studies and papers written concerning Hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19 and every single legitimate study has conclusively shown that negative outcomes have been significantly HIGHER for COVID patients treated with it. This includes a higher rate of deaths:

Sadly, a number of people saw the name of Chloroquine Phosphate and assumed it was the same thing because the names are [barely] similar. Several were hospitalized and at least two died from taking it. Thus, the availability for legitimate purposes all but evaporated.

I cared for my mom and grandmother as they were dying from COVID. My mom survived (barely) and my grandmother, sadly, died after three horrific days of screaming. Calls to 911 resulted in a visit from FEMA where I was unofficially advised that they would be treated as DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) patients and left to die in one of the tents put up on the sidewalks/streets in front of hospitals where they may or may not get palliative care and die alone and scared.

COVID does not care about your political or religious affiliations. It is an equal opportunity killer. In short, not only has Hydroxychloroquine been "not" proven as a therapeutic, there is significant evidence based on hard numbers that it makes things worse.

Best,

Alfred
You brought politics into this thread by inaccurately mentioning Trump and a false claim that he recommended Aquarium cleaner instead of a medicine that has been used to treat covid, combined with other treatments to be successful. There are many treatments that are not clinically proven but do work in the field. Sorry for your loss. Lots of elderly were left to die in nursing homes in NY and Jersey. “Fact checkers” also said that didn’t happen we now know it did according to the NY Attorney General.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
You brought politics into this thread by inaccurately mentioning Trump and a false claim that he recommended Aquarium cleaner instead of a medicine that has been used to treat covid, combined with other treatments to be successful. There are many treatments that are not clinically proven but do work in the field. Sorry for your loss. Lots of elderly were left to die in nursing homes in NY and Jersey. “Fact checkers” also said that didn’t happen we now know it did according to the NY Attorney General.
Ummm... Where did I even mention Trump or politics? Trump did NOT recommend aquarium cleaner. (He recommended/endorsed the use of hydrochloroquine) If I wanted to have a political argument I can do that on Facebook. You brought up Trump as did someone else.

Markbluereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm... Where did I even mention Trump or politics? Trump did NOT recommend aquarium cleaner. (He recommended/endorsed the use of hydrochloroquine) If I wanted to have a political argument I can do that on Facebook. You brought up Trump as did someone else.
My response was directed at Czynot, who started this post. I simply corrected him about a claim that Trump recommended aquarium cleaner which he did not and your last response is in agreement with that. I also prefer not to talk politics but i will not hesitate to correct “fake news” or slander. Lets enjoy the hobby. No harm meant.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: