29reef

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day to all reefers!

I’m new to this forum. I would like to ask for help on removing bristle worms. I try tube with small hose and arrow crab but didn’t work for me. Is there any thing i can do to remove them in the tank? Thank you for your response.

shinylights

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some wrasses will eat them, they usually hide during the day so they shouldn’t be a visual issue. They are not bad, they are free clean up crew, they are just unsightl. if you ever get stung soak your hand or whatever area got stung in vinegar to dissolve the spines.
if you really really got to remove them, make a bottle trap by cutting the top off a bottle and inverting it into the other part of the bottle and put some food in it and overnight you will catch them to throw out or whatever

29reef

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some wrasses will eat them, they usually hide during the day so they shouldn’t be a visual issue. They are not bad, they are free clean up crew, they are just unsightl. if you ever get stung soak your hand or whatever area got stung in vinegar to dissolve the spines.
if you really really got to remove them, make a bottle trap by cutting the top off a bottle and inverting it into the other part of the bottle and put some food in it and overnight you will catch them to throw out or whatever
Thank you for your fast response. I tried the bottle method but i didn’t got any bristle worm. I even try changing the food in the bottle. What kind of wrasse eat bristle worms? Thank you again.

shinylights

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six Line wrasse, yellow coris wrasse, melanurus wrasse, sunset wrasse, Maori wrasse, bird wrasse and coral banded shrimp

rongy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot in my tank, some are a few inches long. I was able to get the large one out with bristle worm trap

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: