Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
I finally got my LED's! Now when I take pictures is all blue! I own a Nikon D60 and asking those expert here taking pictures of there corals w/LED lighting. Need your advice on what setting should I have it on, took take great pics with LED's.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Take a piece of white PVC and adjust your WB using this as a reference point. Use this PVC under any lighting you wish to photograph and adjust your WB. This method is like using a "grey card". Once you have done this your colors should be a bit more realistic, note that you may have to adjust exposure as well. Hope this helps.

T3TRODOTOXIN

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Take a piece of white PVC and adjust your WB using this as a reference point. Use this PVC under any lighting you wish to photograph and adjust your WB. This method is like using a "grey card". Once you have done this your colors should be a bit more realistic, note that you may have to adjust exposure as well. Hope this helps.

+1

Make sure to fill the frame with the PVC. It doesn't have to be in focus.

Also depending on the height of your tank, you may need to re-calibrate the white balance between pictures taken on the sand bed or higher up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: