thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
You really can't lose with either brand. I am a canon supporter. I have the canon 50d which was replaced with the canon 60d

I would get a decent body since the lenses are changeable you want the body to last as long as possible.

Lenses become the expensive part. A good canon 100mm macro lens alone is $450. But you can also buy other brands. My all around lens is a tamron.

But to decide which betwee nikon and canon hard to really say both very good brands but I would have to push canon.

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

budddman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
aefec6ea-c2ff-44f0.jpg

Looking at the one on the top right....not sure of a model number

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Reefs

budddman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Both really....not balling enough to make it specifically for just pics of the tank. It will be an all around camera though i would like to take macro shots...so im guessing i will be in the market for a macro lense in the near future

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Both really....not balling enough to make it specifically for just pics of the tank. It will be an all around camera though i would like to take macro shots...so im guessing i will be in the market for a macro lense in the near future

Taking frag pictures is more about the lens and much less about the camera. A good camera is nice sure, but for frag pics I'd get a mid-range dslr and a nice macro lens. Mind you the d3100 you showed above has had mixed reviews but the camera isn't as important as the lens for taking frag pics. I'd read up some more before jumping on anything go to http://www.cameralabs.com/ and look at what they recommend and keep doing research you'll learn alot and there's definitely alot to learn when it comes to cameras.

Good luck!

budddman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Im going to need that luck after reading camera forums the last 10 mins. Mind boggling, whole new termanology to figure out. Thanks for your help...i will have to do more research. I was enticed by a sale at my local pc richards.

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should go check out the camera in your hand before purchasing.

If you'd got the money go for the D7000. You should look into investing in an external flash for indoor and a tripod for macros later.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: