dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Hi MR

This is my first acan. I got it at MA a few months ago as a frag with abut 4 heads and i now have 7 heads. I dont know the name of it but its a bluish gray color with a dark red.

Share your thoughts experience and photos!

Attachments

• IMG_8316.jpg
    IMG_8316.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 397

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Clown is pissed

Yeah but my clown fish is upset now cause i been paying too much attention to my acan... lol

Attachments

• IMG_8195.jpg
    IMG_8195.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 368

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
lol, i love acans. they grow really fast for me and i love feeding them left over mysis. they also do well when i feed them the lps pellets that i got at the swap.

you feed then??... I dont feed mine at all and they have multiplied. What do you feed them? and how often?

I never fed mine at all. Yet they grew new heads every other week or so.

Rating - 100%
180   0   0
if i have left over mysis i will use my squirter or syringe or turkey baster (w/e you use) and give some mysis to each head. the love it. I make it a point to feed them like once a week or every other but end up giving them left overs in between.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
if i have left over mysis i will use my squirter or syringe or turkey baster (w/e you use) and give some mysis to each head. the love it. I make it a point to feed them like once a week or every other but end up giving them left overs in between.

OK cool, so then thats what i am going to do; start feeding them...

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Looks hungry!:eat:

You can feed mysis, I like to feed mine the Fauna Marin LPS pellets. I take a long piece of airline tubing, set it on the coral, then drop the pellets through (pumps off so they don't blow away).
Ima look it to that...

Nice pic .. Are u using a micro lens on ur camera..if so which 1

Im using a 100mm macro with a canon 50d at f8, ISo 700, suttee at 120... If I member correctly... Lol

deo glass

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
hah sweet acan! congrats on the 1st piece... they are really addicting to get.. i have about 7 dif acans now... They are really cool to feed. I feed mine 1-2 times per week with target feeding.. ( they usually scavenge for food when i feed my fish frozen rotifers during the week) Using a combination of mysis,brine,cycopleeze, and rotifers soaked in vitamins.. or sometimes i will give the larger heads a nice chunk of krill.. pellets are cool too, just a pain to feed with... my fat hands cant hang... LOL.. anything meaty, my acans will grab the second they smell it...

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Nice i will start feeding mine. I never really fed it, just once in a while when i remembered. Guess i should start as its growing new heads almost every otherweek.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: