Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What are you using for a memory card? Is there something specific to look for or to avoid? Is there a difference between photo and video? I am using Sandisk Extreme 20MB/S.

Thanks

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
It all depends on the camera.

Yes there is a difference between the cards. You will see a number on the card which the the class of the card. I believe that most standard cards are class 4.

But for HI-DEF video the best you can get is a Class 10 card, which is what we use in our in car camera systems.

The class has to do with the speed of transfer to the card.

The speed of the card also is needed dependant on how fast your camera is. With my Canon 50d shooting in highspeed continuous it sounds like a machine gun, and the high end full frame cameras can shoot faster and for a longer time. The faster the card the faster the data can move to the card, relieving the buffer in the camera.

Now if we are talking about your standard Point and Shoot cameras, then any basic card IMO will work fine......

I also use the Sandisk Extremes and I have not had any problems with them. What I can say is to stick with a name brand card. I usually only buy Sandisk, but If i had to buy another I would probably go with Kingston.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: