emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
anyone ever see this before a friend just brought it in from California @ $350 for a 1.5 inch frag

Attachments

• plutonium.jpg
    plutonium.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
:scratch: OH SURE...a friend bought it!

any pics of mother colony? What will it look like?

I wouldnt pay that I'll just wait for a frag It is a stunning piece but come on somebody in a third world country collected it for pennies someone exported it for dollars and then someone put a name to it and sells it for hundreds

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I wouldnt pay that I'll just wait for a frag It is a stunning piece but come on somebody in a third world country collected it for pennies someone exported it for dollars and then someone put a name to it and sells it for hundreds

For some reason i believe that.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
You need a pic of it not under actinics. Several different acros can look like this under actinics. To get $350 an inch it would have to be something truly special, not just cool photography. The LED clearly give an actinic effect to bring out the fluorescent pigments

Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
is that why sometimes you buy a really amazing frag but when u get home the colors look washed out or just dull and brown??

thats because the pic from a store or a distributer is either photoshopped or they run a 0 nitrate and phosphate system with no fish and no feeding which brings the colors out.in most of our systems we can not do this

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
not photoshoped But even after setting the white balance with something white different areas of the tank will look like white balance was not set. I guess the white balance has to be set for each individual location ?
I tried to get a picture with auto white balance and flash the rocks look almost normal a little yellow but the coral looks nothing like itself

henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
guaranteed that acro will change color in whatever tank its in.
$350?? Thats nuts...
These wholesalers and shippers blast these corals with intense light to change the color. Color sells.
Don't get caught up in the hype.

I paid $350 for my old 91 honda civic wagon. lol (excellent car. wish I didnt sell it)

Last edited:

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
guaranteed that acro will change color in whatever tank its in.
$350?? Thats nuts...
These wholesalers and shippers blast these corals with intense light to change the color. Color sells.
Don't get caught up in the hype.

I paid $350 for my old 91 honda civic wagon. lol (excellent car. wish I didnt sell it)

In my experience you blast a coral with too much light it bleaches .
I have gotten acans with the craziest colors from a big vendor at the swap only to have them die and leave a pink skeleton that from what I've read is a sign of dye like food coloring .I wonder if the same thing can be done to sps to get these crazy colors.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: