E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Well.. Im a complete photography beginner and I am looking for a Camera recommendation and general tips and tricks.

I'd like to take decent full tank-type as well as macro shots of coral, fish, and invert life.

In addition to Saltwater-related photos, my wife and I would like to take more general pictures -- our puppy, people, outdoor scenery, etc.

I don't think I have the budget for a new DSLR with multiple lenses, etc but I would like a nice camera capable of the above.

My budget for now is somewhere in the $300-400 range, but I'm not opposed to used models (if that's a good idea?) either.

Thanks in advance for the help.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I found two cameras that I'm very interested in. The first is a Canon Eos Rebel T2i. That's going to run about $400.

The second is an Eos T3. $350

Both are returbished models and both come with the same lense (18-55mm)

Which is the better choice?

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
from those two as your choice... I would go with the T2I. I looked into it prior to my purchase, however I am more of a nikon guy. You can check out model differences/comparisons at Snapsort.com

GeriDoc

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get caught up in the Nikon vs Canon debate. Both systems are excellent, but Nikonians will be all to happy to tell you what's wrong with Canons, and the Canon folks will be just as happy to bad-mouth Nikons. The main difference, IMHO, between the two is size/weight/ergonomics. I am a Nikon guy because I have large, rather clumsy hands, and I find the slightly larger Nikons fit my hand better, but that's just me. Go to a photo store and handle each candidate camera, try to find the appropriate controls while you are looking through the viewfinder to see if they actually fit your handspan. Then worry about features since at any given price range Nikon and Canon will generally match up features pretty well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: